Search results

1. Jeepnick

Tie PEX into water pipes at water heater? Hows this look?

I need to run water to a bathroom addition I'm building. I'm using a 3/4" PEX run with 1/2" branching off to fixtures. I need to tie into the water pipes and would like to do that at the water heater so as to bypass the rest of the house plumbing which has 1/2" hot water pipe. I'm not...
  2. Jeepnick

Shower and Tub P-Trap Before Inspection?

Hey folks, I'm finishing up my under slab/pre-slab drain plumbing and plan to schedule inspection Tuesday. I'm unsure as to whether having my shower and tub p-traps is installed before inspection is required... It seems to me it would be easiest/best to block out a box and run a...
  3. Jeepnick

Can I roll a Wye to 45 degrees?

Phoenix AZ here (UPC). My main 3" drain line is quite deep. To tie the rest of the fixtures into the horizontal main, can I roll a Y up 45 degrees to make the other lines more shallow? Alternatively (or in addition to) can I use a 45 to make steep depth change and then level off before...
  4. Jeepnick

Sand to protect underground drain pipes? Also, two way cleanout question...

I know my local code (UPC) requires that pressurized pipes be protected by sand (or clean fill?) before backfilling with dirt... But, does anyone know if there is a similar requirement for drain pipes? I'm getting ready to do underground drains for my bathroom addition and I'm wondering if I...
  5. Jeepnick

Pleaes critique my DWV plan - Bathroom Addition

Hey folks. I'd greatly appreciate your critique of my isometric plan. This is for a bathroom addition on my house - permits are pulled (I live in Phoenix AZ - under UPC) and work is about to begin. Work will be performed by yours truly and inspected by the city. The bathroom is quite...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks