Search results

1. Philodog

Can I damage pump equipment by too much bleach?

Thanks for the detailed reply. I had the water tested and it showed 5.3 ppm iron. The orange sludge is definitely iron bacteria. When I shock it the residue is much darker, like rust. I have had a filter system put in consisting of an iron filter, ozone and water softener. I am trying to kill...
  2. Philodog

Can I damage pump equipment by too much bleach?

I have a big iron bacteria problem. This is what my filter looks like after 30 days: Occasional shocking does not seem to have much effect so I was thinking of just constantly keeping a 100ppm bleach solution going thru the well until I see a difference. Will this constant chlorine solution...
  3. Philodog

Difficulty getting sprinkler onto 1/4" hose.

I have 1/4" tubing on my drip system and am having a very hard time getting the sprayers on to the tubing. It seems like either the hose is too hard or the barbs are too big. The only way I can get the sprayer on is to heat the hose which is a royal PITA. Are the sprayers the wrong type? Any...
  4. Philodog

Dumb question regarding my well.

It's 350' deep. If I drop chlorine pellets into the access hole where the plastic plug is will they reach the bottom? Thanks.
  5. Philodog

Need help figuring out how much water is in well to chlorinate.

Thank you Valveman. I'm worried my aquifer is infected with Iron Bacteria besides the well and piping. Do I need to take that unknown volume into account also? And should I add the amount in the pressure tank?
  6. Philodog

Need help figuring out how much water is in well to chlorinate.

Hello. Two questions when determining how much water is in my well to figure out how much chlorine is needed: 1. The well log says the water level is at 300' with the total depth 322' but won't the whole pipe be filled with water when the system is pressurized? 2. The well log show bore, casing...
  7. Philodog

septic smell from vent and washer

Thanks Guys. Gary, you said "To avoid an S trap, the vent must come off of the trap arm before it makes a downward turn." I`m not picturing that clearly. If I put in the sanitary tee straight out from the trap arm (like in Smooky`s pics) will this avoid the S trap? And do you think I can get...
  8. Philodog

Thanks Smooky. Very informative pics. It does look like the drain inlet is too low. I don`t see an 1/8 bend fitting. Here`s a close up pic. If it just has the wye and/or the drain inlet is too low would this still cause siphoning ?
  9. Philodog

My house was built in 2009, has a septic system, and since new there has been a septic smell from the vent pipes on very still days. Strong enough that you don`t want to be outside. Filters helped but now we are getting a very strong septic stench in the laundry room only when the washer is...
  10. Philodog

P-Trap Leak

I have had this problem several times with new ABS p traps. I tried tape on the threads, pipe dope, severe tightening and what finally worked was Teflon tape not on the threads but on the cone shaped part that fits in the groove. That is where the sealing occurs, not at the threads. What a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks