Search results

1. MonkeyWrenchHead

Securing Pex and Valves to Joists?

Thanks Jim, Great tips in those situations. I should have been more clear on my scenario. I am re-plumbing the home from the basement so it is all the main trunk lines that run horizontal. I want to install a few shut off valves so I can isolate certain areas of the home if ever needed as they...
  2. MonkeyWrenchHead

Securing Pex and Valves to Joists?

Is it common to install shut off valves in a residential plumbing setup between pex tubing without a support of some sort, or is it a better practice to try to install the valves onto a joist? I'm planning to use the standard pex clamp supports for the tubing, but am trying to decide how I...
  3. MonkeyWrenchHead

Key to Shut Off Water at Street?

Thanks for the responses. I know where my cover plate is, but never actually opened it and looked inside. I just called and they said they will come out and turn it off, and back on without too much of a delay, so that works for me.
  4. MonkeyWrenchHead

Key to Shut Off Water at Street?

Is this the key I would use to shut the water off at the street valve? http://www.simsupply.com/p-58991-27-water-meter-key.aspx Is this the standard type that most cities use, or do they have a custom head typically?
  5. MonkeyWrenchHead

BrassCraft valves reliable?

Home Depot sells BrassCraft valves. I want to get some 1/4 turn valves for under my sink and stuff. Are they reliable? Or should I head to the plumbing supply instead and buy what they have?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks