Search results

1. sombrerocat

how about this hookup...

Is this post a parody on DIY'ers? I'm laughing/crying about how badly our toilet was plumbed by previous owners, but I got a chuckle out of this arrangement. I'm guilty of too much DIY, but at least made an attempt to read up on plumbing/electrical and contracted out what we couldn't handle...
  2. sombrerocat

Our toilet was mounted 2 inches offcenter of drain pipe -- now what?

Okay -- it's worse. The cast iron pipe appears to be BELOW the floor surface, and some soft black material (lead or copper?) was used to create a flange to angle the waste water into the drain pipe. The material was missing from one edge. The 1 x 6 planks near the pipe are rotten -- it's very...
  3. sombrerocat

Our toilet was mounted 2 inches offcenter of drain pipe -- now what?

It's ugly -- and now we're going to be without a fully functioning bathroom even longer. Need advice. Ugh -- it all started out with re-doing the flooring in our bathroom. We changed out our sink -- no problem. Got to the toilet -- MAJOR SNAFU. We pulled our toilet up -- and found a waxy...
  4. sombrerocat

Gerry Rigged Toilet Misses Drain Pipe by 2 Inches

Forgot to ask -- what the heck do we do now to fix this problem? The drain pipe is cast iron. Ugh -- it all started out with re-doing the flooring in our bathroom. We changed out our sink -- no problem. Got to the toilet -- MAJOR SNAFU. We pulled our toilet up -- and found a waxy seal mess...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks