Search results

1. JVIPER

Basement remodel begins this week, any feedback will be greatly appreciated

Well the offers out there. But did I understand your previous post correctly? well 2 or so posts ago.
  2. JVIPER

Dana your in worcester if you need something to do an a sunday farm fresh steaks and ice cold beer here in tyngsboro. :)
  3. JVIPER

So let me see if I completely understand I definitily have the issue of the original footing at least 3" from the original block wall, the back of the framed wall will not be able to begin for this distance so I would like to do as thick of a board insulation on the block wall as possible, So...
  4. JVIPER

The top pic is rockwall fire place I am just gonna clean and use and the Bottom pic is the basement before plumbing and hvac ducts all the ducting is on the left side ceiling about 4 " below the I-beam
  5. JVIPER

I kinda hijacked an older thread so I thought I would start a new one with more specifics on my basement remodeling. I rehabbed this 1950's ranch about four years ago in lovely Tyngsboro Ma, gutted it down to the studs and rebuilt everything, including a side foundation wall and basement...
  6. JVIPER

Subfloor in basement which is correct

I like the idea of keeping the floor as warm a possible cause this will probably be the place I spend the most time when home. Should I skip the insulation completely and go radiant? Also can radiant floor heating be laid over bare concrete and tiled over directly? This would barely cost me an...
  7. JVIPER

Thanks for the advice. The ducts are wrapped in an insulating foil and yes the space will be conditioned year round the basement is set up as zone 2 for the hvac. I assume there may only be at most a 5-10 degree difference throughout the season changes. will my floors still stay warm with...
  8. JVIPER

That's kinda what I though you meant. With limited headroom I thought wood panels may be the best option also incase I ever needed to gain access to the piping and wiring above wood panels would be better than sheet rock. Do I have other options that you would suggest?
  9. JVIPER

the layout is totally open right now, I havent started anything. My basement is 50' x 25' with only two lally columns in the middle 6' apart. I'm only 5'8" and im the tall one in my family. 6'-6" would be the lowest point but not throughout the whole basement. I figured I may need to make my...
  10. JVIPER

I have 82" from the concrete to the lowest point of the hvac duct work and I plan on doing thin wood panels for the ceiling not a drop ceiling so I figured I could butt the panels right up to the ducts, this should leave about 78" total head room. That should be sufficient I think.
  11. JVIPER

I used to have a humidity issue with a small rain issue until I did the foundation grading, gutters and de humidifier inline with my hvac system. 2 years have past and no moisture issues but I like to be over prepared so... Would 6mm poly and 2" xps be way over kill for the floor?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks