Search results

1. Hiperco

Triangle Tube Solo 110 venturi horn noise on start up

I had a similar issue (but on a completely different unit, a Trianco Heatmaker). It turned out to be a bad gas valve, it wasn't providing the proper pressure and therefore the burner wasn't operating properly, and made a honking noise during ignition. It resulted in numerous sleepless nights...
  2. Hiperco

Help with Sewage Ejector Pump

Seems to be fixed with Dap Alex Plus spread around the lid. Half the lid wasn't sealing well at all, there was movement if I pressed down on it. I left the bolts alone for the next time. Thanks for the advice! (FYI, the stuff goes on white but dries clear eventually :) )
  3. Hiperco

I might be able to find a water alarm that could fit down the hole. Are high water alarms not typically used in these?? It looks like "Dap Alex" in clear is actually "Dap Alex Plus", is this the stuff everyone likes? It has silicone in it...
  4. Hiperco

I am warming up to Alex :) Any suggestions/recommendations on a high water alarm, while I can still remove the cable grommet ;)
  5. Hiperco

The concern I have with sealing it with caulk etc is that it will be that much harder to remove the lid when I am forced to. And I am considering a high water alarm while I'm at it (there isn't one...).
  6. Hiperco

Can you elaborate on what an "expansion anchor" is, and how I might get the lid off regardless :)
  7. Hiperco

It looks like it might be a Flotec FP400C: http://www.flotecpump.com/ResidentialProduct_fl_se_sw_FP400C.aspx If so, the clowns that installed it put nuts on the back of the bolts and then poured the concrete around it, leaving no access to the back side of the flange :mad: The pump cord says...
  8. Hiperco

I have a sewage ejector pump system that has issues with sewer smell. So, obviously it needs to be sealed up better. But I cannot seem to remove the bolts/screws holding the lid down, all four of them spin but do not come out. I've attached a couple pictures, some help/advice is appreciated...
  9. Hiperco

Help to ID Culligan and program

I have a Culligan softener that I suspect is silver or gold model. I'd like to confirm which model, and then get help programming the days between regen. It's currently set to 14 but I'd like it longer. (The manuals I found online don't seem to match the menu exactly and I can't figure out how...
  10. Hiperco

Dead Culligan Estate 2 - How to remove & what's next?

Pex is great and easy (assuming you can get your crimp tool into every spot you need to) but you do need to invest in the tools. My crimp tool does half and three quarter which covers everything in my house.
  11. Hiperco

Glad you like it. Yes I did the pex myself (why, does it look like it, lol)
  12. Hiperco

On a lighter note, here is a picture of my install. Fleck 90 degree adapter, pex 3/4 swivel adapters, pex piping & fittings, topped off with sharkbites :cool:
  13. Hiperco

I wish everyone would set aside the contentiousness. This is a great site but I don't know why there is always this low level bitterness going on. I for one appreciate everyones input, and its even better when it helps me :) Anyways: 1) I think what lifespeed was saying is that the brine...
  14. Hiperco

Thanks for the settings! In order to advance my learning, I have some questions regarding where your numbers differ from the "generic" settings from my supplier. Can you explain how you got to those? My comments next to your settings: Capacity 30 (24K pre cu ft, 8 pounds of salt per Cu. ft...
  15. Hiperco

Let me be the first to admit that its likely that I don't know what I'm talking about :) Now let me generalize my question: How can I achieve optimized salt efficiency with my 1.25cuft system with a 5600SXT valve equipped with a 0.5BLFC and a 2.4DLFC? :)
  16. Hiperco

Based on my recent learning on this subject, I think you are mistaken on how a softener works (and you are bordering on contentious besides) . Brine fill determines how much water gets added to the brine tank (and over what timespan). Brine draw is what soaks the resin with brine and this is...
  17. Hiperco

I think the brine fill rate is just that. Its how much water goes into the brine tank. Then the brine is drawn out during the brine draw cycle. But hopefully someone that knows for sure will chime in :)
  18. Hiperco

As mentioned above I have a 0.5gal/1.5lb per minute brine flow rate.
  19. Hiperco

OK, thanks. Now, how to set up the 5600SXT for maximum salt efficiency? I have the 0.5 gal/1.5 lb brine connection. Total system capacity is 40000. EDIT: Let me see if I can figure this out: 6lbs of salt with 1.25cuft gives 25K capacity. To get 7.5 lbs (6 lbs/cuft with 1.25cuft), I need 5...
  20. Hiperco

Got the softener installed today...Question - Does a new softener need a regeneration cycle up front? Or does the resin provide softening out of the box?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks