Search results

1. Marc remodel

Change Toto flush valve for more water?

Nope, there isn't any excess slack. It gets pulled up, but then it drops down quickly, and there isn't much water in there to start with.
  2. Marc remodel

Thanks for your reply. We have a house in Cabo, and we just added a powder room. The contractor here installed a Toto one-piece toilet (it sits pretty low). I'm not sure what model it is. The only identifying information I can find is a "#01" stamped inside the tank and two numbers stamped...
  3. Marc remodel

Hi. I believe the flush valve in my Toto is a THU001Z (or maybe a THU002Z). It has those two metal anchors at the bottom (as opposed to threads). It's very short, and the combination of that plus a flapper that closes almost immediately provides an inadequate flush. I'd like to beef it up...
  4. Marc remodel

Retrofit a 1.28 Toto Guinevere to 1.6+?

Thanks again for the quick reply. Yep, been buying the Totos for the past ten years, although that was only the last home we built before this new-home renovation, with seven toilets. As I said, they work good but not great. Must be my diet, or I'm just old fashioned. The best-functioning...
  5. Marc remodel

Thanks. I'll investigate a slower flapper. That said, my experience with even the well-rated 1.6 toilets is that they perform marginally compared to the old-fashioned ones, and do their job completely and adequately maybe 2/3 of the time. Good but not great.
  6. Marc remodel

Thanks Terry for the answers and the awesome forum. A few follow-on questions: 1. The Guinevere trip lever seems to hang at the 6:00 position (going to 3:00 to flush?), but the toilets I've had in the past all had the trip lever at the 3:00 position (going to 6:00 to flush). Is that...
  7. Marc remodel

Hi. I have had good luck (as a consumer) with the 1.6 Totos in the past, and even better luck when I switched out the flapper and extended that white filler tube to get more water per flush. Now I'm replacing a few toilets, and I like the styling of the Guivevere. The 1.28 seems to get good...
  8. Marc remodel

Replace Flowguard Gold on a remodel?

Hi. I am doing an extensive remodel of a 5,000 sf house just south of Denver. The house was built in 1997 and they used the Flowguard Gold plumbing system. Is there any reason I should consider replacing all of the Flowguard Gold with something else while the walls are open? To the best of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks