Search results

1. Gremlin!

Do I need to replace this toilet flange, or is there a way to save it?

Thanks @Terry ! You're are a lifesaver, once again.
  2. Gremlin!

@Terry @Reach4 What are your thoughts on the "OATEY 43400 Set-Rite Toilet Flange Extension Kit"? Overkill?
  3. Gremlin!

I was hoping to hear answers like this. Thank you! I'll try one of these this week.
  4. Gremlin!

Hi all, I have always gotten stellar advice from this community, so here goes: For reference: My place is a townhome with a concrete subfloor, built in '79. When I moved in, everything in it was all original. Had a contractor put down new cement tile, and install a new toilet. When he was...
  5. Gremlin!

I think the plumber screwed up.... What is my best fix option?

Thanks, Jim. The trim arrives tomorrow, so a dry run is the plan. It will be interesting to see how much this "twist" in the valve will affect things. With the way things are going lately, I will hope for the best and expect the worst. I'm thinking I will slap another piece of 1/2" drywall or...
  6. Gremlin!

Thank you, hj! I'm glad I wrote about what I was told, because it's been my experience that the product sales "experts" rarely know anything about the products they sell. OK, with that knowledge, I looked at the installation guide again, and it looks like they want the plastic guard ring...
  7. Gremlin!

Thanks everyone - I am going to open the wall up to see if there is anything I can do without messing with the plumbing too much. In the meantime I've put some feelers out to get a ballpark for what I'd have to spend to have it fixed. If anyone else has any ideas, or input on how long this...
  8. Gremlin!

Thanks, Jimbo. Thanks for taking a look at the installation guide!! I thought so too, but it turns out (according to a Kohler rep- but I take that with a grain of salt, since they are really just salespeople) that when they say "thin wall" they mean just the wall material- drywall/durock...
  9. Gremlin!

Thanks, Tom. You hit it on the head- no supports- just the one there and another up by the showerhead. Yet another thing I casually asked about, as the installation instructions even mentioned more support. I would like to tell everyone about this guy, but since there is something very wrong...
  10. Gremlin!

Thanks, gents. Tom- Oh no, teach me a lesson!?!?! lol I really don't know what I could have done differently- the guy came highly recommended, had references, had an A rating on the BBB and when I met him, presented his license, and was great to work with until I questioned him. At that point...
  11. Gremlin!

Thanks, Tom... I was afraid of that. I know it's all relative, but any idea how long it should take/ballpark what it should cost me?
  12. Gremlin!

Hi Everyone, I wasn't sure if I should post this in the shower forum, but since it has to do with rough-ins I posted here. My issue- I had a plumber run water lines over to a bathroom where we were adding a shower and install a Kohler K-304-K Rite Temp valve. When he put it in, it looked like...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks