Search results

1. JLM34

Fitting wye in existing PVC drain line

Thanks for the reply. Still can't picture how this all fits together, but that gives me a starting point.
  2. JLM34

Fitting wye in existing PVC drain line

Pretty basic question, but I've never done this so I'll have to ask. I need to cut out a section of 4" PVC and install a wye so that I can connect my new 3" drain line to the main line. I'm fine with going 3" to 4", but my question is how to fit the wye in the existing pipe. This pipe is 3.5-4...
  3. JLM34

Where the HECK is my sewer line?

Something tells me they started pretty darn deep at the house. Basically I need to tie in a new line into the main one. I'm about there and everything seems to have good pitch and is flowing well. A 5-6 foot dig is not sounding too great. I'm at 2-2.5 feet now, which is fine and plenty below...
  4. JLM34

Where the HECK is my sewer line?

I'm trying to find the sewer line where it exits the house (on slab). I know exactly where it meets the city sewer down by the street, which is also pretty much in line with the vent pipe coming out of the roof. I have a sink in the western most half of the bathroom. It connects to the vent...
  5. JLM34

DIY sewer line replacement (partial) ?

http://www.**************.com/Buying-Guides/Sewage-Pumps-Systems-Buying-Guide/11 Their example on pump selection is for a 7 food static head (minimum water level in basin to highest point in discharge pipe), and a 200ft long discharge pipe, which is the length of the pipe from basin to final...
  6. JLM34

I had a sump pump in a basement in a prior home that took the water straight up vertically 8 feet and pumped it another 80-100 feet horizontally..and this was a pretty inexpensive sump pump I bought at Lowe's..not all that powerful. I've seen specs on several sewage pumps stating the maximum...
  7. JLM34

Well, I see what you are saying. Yes, there is enough drop right now for it to flow, but right now it just cuts straight across the house under the slab so its only maybe a 60 foot run over to tie in. The way I would have to do it based on how my whole property is situated would require me to go...
  8. JLM34

Sewer pump for gray water

Hi - I originally posted my question in the plumbing section, but now that it involves the use of a pump, I thought I'd ask it here. To summarize - I need to reroute "gray water" sewage (Kitchen sink/dishwasher and laundry) around my house and tie into existing sewer line. I'm unable to get...
  9. JLM34

Question about sewer cleanout pipe cover

Sounds odd to have that much trouble finding a plug. If all else fails, dig out around the pipe, take a hacksaw and cut down below the whole top section (the fitting with the cap) until you have just the 3 or 4 inch pipe sticking up, then go buy you a whole new cleanout adapter and plug...
  10. JLM34

Well I'll go ahead and revise my question based on what I found. I had approx 120 feet to run this line. 2.5" every 10 feet would be a 30 inch drop overall, plus my starting point I would think has to be at least 6-8" underground. So after finding the tie in point, I don't think it's going to...
  11. JLM34

I'm thinking it's probably deep enough to where I need to tie into for me to have enough fall. Now I just have to locate it. I don't have any cleanouts or anything on the main line (that I know of anyways). I just know where it hits the street so I'm assuming a straight line from there to the...
  12. JLM34

I guess my reason for asking on whether or not you can have too much slope is I read something somewhere along the lines of you don't want too much slope because the water will run down the pipe too fast and leave the solids behind, if that makes any sense. Maybe I misunderstood what I read or...
  13. JLM34

Thanks for all the input. I'll have a 4 foot level so I will experiment with what exactly a 2" drop every 10 foot looks like on the level. I had thought about what depth I would be at once I got around to the main line. I need to locate it first and see how deep it is. So....could you ever...
  14. JLM34

An inch per 4 feet?? I'm in no position to argue plumbing really, I'm just saying I was told 1" per 8-10 feet by two plumbers here. Perhaps plumbers have a more precise way of measuring the proper fall, but a real world test doesn't lie, does it?? But...yes, I will also have a level on hand...
  15. JLM34

Thanks for the replies. 3" is all that's required here. It looks like you guys live far far north from me. I take it maybe the codes can be quite a bit different in different parts of the country. Two plumbers I've talked to said 1" per 8 to 10 feet. Maybe that's more of a regional thing...
  16. JLM34

Hi.. I am needing to at least partially replace some sewer line. The issue at hand is that at one end of my house (kitchen and laundry) I have some issues with either corroded or broken (or both) 40 year old iron drain pipes under the slab. The main sewer line that runs to the road is on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks