Search results

1. David Palmer

Soldering copper fitting with teflon tape on the thread end of it

It works but taking the time to pre-sweat is not always possible, or even worth the hassle. I had a water line repair, 25ft over a sales floor that afforded me no room or time to pre-sweat anything. Thanks to that experience and 6 years later, I NEVER waste time pre-sweating male adapters...
  2. David Palmer

Soldering copper fitting with teflon tape on the thread end of it

You can safely solder a fitting that has been thread taped. I actually use thread tape in conjunction with liquid thread sealant, for I use both when doing Water lines. I do it both on pop-off lines as well as threaded ball valves (If I have to) on Therma Star TS11-120-1s, Standard HW Heaters...
  3. David Palmer

remodelling and used Sharkbite/equivalent push fit but should I keep them??

AKA LEAD. The same warning can be tacked to any none AB 1953 Compliant Brass fitting, whether it be a Ball Valve or Scald guard. That isn't exclusive to brass pushing fittings, but if it's an issue (as it is with me), you can always use permanent Copper Push fittings and or AB 1953 Compliant...
  4. David Palmer

Sure, I run into my fair share of Village idiots that argue against anything that's not acquainted with their far superior trade experience. But yeah, I absolutely agree soldered > anything else, but I also have had my ass saved on more then one occasion thanks to a push fitting. You can't...
  5. David Palmer

Just like with anything, if it isn't installed correctly, it will leak. Years ago, when the Brass push fitting was exclusive to Cash Acme, the O-rings did not come pre-greased and were very prone to kinking when installed. Now days they come pre-greased, far more Chemical Resistant and with the...
  6. David Palmer

Dry Floor Drain

If its a secondary drain then their shouldn't be a P-trap in it. Sounds like the issue is probably localized to the hop between the 1st and 2nd drains. I'd wager that the line is either stopped up with dead growth via the Copper Sulfate or the pipe is damaged. Is the Pipe Cast or PVC?
  7. David Palmer

How to go from 1/2" copper to 1/4" compression fitting, with a ball valve inbetween

I'm new here, BUT, consider what you are saying. You are calling guys crooks for charging whatever they want, then turning around and saying you make $200 bucks an hour while sipping on Wine, which I guess for you, translates to living the good life. How much do you pay your "help"? Its hard to...
  8. David Palmer

sewage ejector pump and uphill drain

That looks like some of the good ol boy Plumbing I'm used to seeing down here in Georgia. We've got several Licensed Plumbers and Handyman Companies that wouldn't think twice about throwing some crap like that together in someones home.
  9. David Palmer

How to go from 1/2" copper to 1/4" compression fitting, with a ball valve inbetween

Sharkbite makes a 1/2 threaded female to 1/4 and or 3/8 slip fitting that is quite nice.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks