Search results

1. bs1231

Adding a shower drain to old concrete

OK. I lowered the trap as instructed, and took out the 45's. Trap now sits 13" down from the concrete floor. Thanks Again Everyone! Brad
  2. bs1231

OK. Got it. I didn't use the combo on it's back because it brought me up too high. I trust your opinion, but not quite sure what the problem is with the 45's. Nothing is going uphill, I just 45'd down out of the trap. It probably just looks like it because in the picture the assly is...
  3. bs1231

Final inspection Thanks guys for the vent info. Awesome! Here is my final product. I vented back around the 3" stack to get to the toilet vent, and put 45's between the stack and the trap. After reading other threads, I tried to get the trap as close as possible to the surface, the 45's...
  4. bs1231

follow-up OK, here's where I'm at now. I'd like to hear if this is a good way to go. I am going to rent a soil pipe cutter to score and crack the cast in front of the bell. I've got a 4" mission no-hub coupling (cast iron to plastic) to a 4x4x3 dwv comb. go up with the 3" to a new clean-out and...
  5. bs1231

Ahhh Thanks for the input! I do know that the 4" line coming down is the elbow end heading out to the septic past the toilet. But you are right, I'm guessing how far down it goes and I don't even know what to look for to tie a 2" drain to the cast. Sounds like it could be ugly. So what...
  6. bs1231

Thanks in advance for your advice. This house is 4o years old. I have read through the forums and I have a fairly good idea of what I'm up aginst. I'll be cutting the concrete and adding a drain into my existing waste line. I want to understand the venting and/or if I need to tie into the...
  7. bs1231

washer drain backup

I have a washer drain that on occasion, over the years, has backed up. Needless to say, it's a horrible mess, (slab). My little HD snake has paid off and always done a good job. The clean out is right behind the dryer. I am now remodeling the laundry and I have an idea. I am usually a diy, I've...
  8. bs1231

Toto CST754SF 12" Rough-in

10 3/4" rough in After my remodel, I had a 11" rough in to the toilet bolts. I fussed around shopping and figured I needed a 10" rough in to fit my situation. Not so. I put in the Toto Drake and it fit fine. Also, I have about 3/4 gap between the back of the bowl to the wall, (critical fit...
  9. bs1231

10" rough in toilet

Hey thanks for the input. What a great site. After posting my situation, I learned a ton through the forum. I gave up on the Toto, since my tile is up and I don't want to move the water line. I am really glad I saw that on the spec sheet! I'll look at Toto on the next bath upgrade. It really...
  10. bs1231

10" rough in toilet

After my bath remodel, I have 11" rough in. After looking at the Toto toilet (unifit for 10" rough in) I see in needs 8" water rough in to accomodate the skirt. I have 5" to the flange center, 6" to the pipe. I could use some help. I don't want a cheap, crappy (sorry!) toilet. Any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks