Search results

1. Mar3232

Roof vent and hole saw

Not a pro but DIY and I want to put an extra plumbing vent in my roof when they reroof soon. Will use 1 1/2" pipe and was wondering about holesaw technique. My roof pitch is a simple ranch (4 in 12?) and was wondering if I drill a 2" hole with a hole saw, straight on (90 degrees) will the pipe...
  2. Mar3232

Terralift?

I know it's not the kind of work you guys do but trying to get as much input as possible about the effectiveness of having this done on my drain field. It's a small house, I do everything right, like no toilet paper in the toilet etc. but house was built in 1961 and it's been draining slow for a...
  3. Mar3232

2pcs SIDR pipe to garage for water and drain?

If I get this... https://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/pipe-fittings/polypipe-fittings/3-4-sidr-11-5-160-psi-excel-potable-water-poly-pipe/13110/p-1444431558834-c-8570.htm?tid=-3490381368567646398&ipos=13 One 50' piece will be to run water from the house to the garage. The other 50' piece will...
  4. Mar3232

SIDR polyethylene pipe -- something better?

I did a post in the past and you all helped me identify the pipe from my well to the house which is SIDR PE but one of the reply's said there is now something better? but I forgot to ask what that is?. A pex maybe that can also be run underground? -- thanks Menards has the SIDR at a good...
  5. Mar3232

Another PVC fitting question -- wall mount?

thanks for the saddle tee answer yesterday but I also want to know if there is a fitting you can mount to a wall that will allow a drain pipe (1" or greater) to pass through a wall? it's an odd thing I'm doing where I need to drain something inside from time to time but would like to...
  6. Mar3232

Outside of pipe drain PVC fitting?

Is there any type of fitting that you can attach to the outside of a 4" drain pipe that will follow the curve of the pipe and allow you to get a drain hole (1" or higher diameter) out of it? Maybe you glue or silicone (with a couple screws also?) to the outside? look sort of like this but...
  7. Mar3232

Insinkerator fiber? gasket

I have an evolution series disposal and it seems like is has a lot more "torque" than others I've used. It's been installed for 3 years but now leaking because the entire disposal now "jolts" and spins a bit on startup, which has created a gap in the putty. First of all, why isn't there a...
  8. Mar3232

Is plumbers putty crap?

I installed a garbage disposal 2 years ago and all has been fine but now it's leaking and can see the sink piece (insinkerator disposal) turning a bit when I start the disposal. It's a compact, high torque? model -- pretty powerful it seems to me. I only used putty because that's what the...
  9. Mar3232

Well to house plastic pipe

When they ran a new pipe from my well to the house, seems to me the guy told me it was a "newer" more advanced technology -- anyway, it's 1" (looks like it, haven't measured) black plastic and I believe it was on a roll, (trying to remember) so I guess somewhat flexible. Is this just a PVC pipe...
  10. Mar3232

PVC glue strengths

Are all PVC cements created equal or do some cure stronger/much stronger? Looking for a pro who knows. I have a piece of 4" pipe that cracked off (the inspection pipe on my septic system). I know cleaning is important but I'd to at least try to reglue it using a medium or thick bodied cement...
  11. Mar3232

Septic biomat

Didn't see a separate forum so will just take a chance here. Sometime ago my septic tank overflowed out the inspection pipe and was fixed but since then the area around where the pipe is has created "biomat"? that gurgling, black stuff that looks like it's feeding on soil. Anyway, I tried using...
  12. Mar3232

Can't put flange bolts in slots

I have a toilet that I'd like o turn 90 degrees and the flange looks like this with just 2 slots -- https://www.contractoraccess.com/product/40012/ The original position of course, had the mounting bolts in the slots but now like I say would like to turn it 90 degrees so I'm guessing it's a...
  13. Mar3232

Foam in well water?

Why is it all of a sudden this morning my water looks like someone has poured me a beer? Full of air bubbles -- seems worse in the kitchen where I put a brand new faucet in 2 weeks ago. There is a huge "foam" top like a beer head on the water. There is an aerator on the new kitchen faucet but it...
  14. Mar3232

Rid X etc.

The great thing about forums is that you're talking to pros and generally get accurate answers. It's very much appreciated from us brain pickers. My drain field is sluggish and draining slowly and I don't have the money right now to have them "jet" ? it. I did my best with a rental auger and...
  15. Mar3232

4" drain cracked at elbow

I know it probably doesn't exist but I've had a piece of 4" pipe that is the inspection pipe for my drain field that has been cracked straight through and I've repaired it before only to have it fail several months later. The trouble is that to replace the section of pipe will be a nightmare...
  16. Mar3232

Sink clips for 1 1/2" countertop ?

I bought some U channel sink clips and supposedly they are extra long for 1 1/2" countertops. Really? Don't know if anyone can make sense of these for me but there is no way to grab the side of the uchannel with these so they stay in place. Fact is, they look no different than the clips that...
  17. Mar3232

Opinion(s) on possible leach field problem

I bought this house several years ago and I suppose I should have known where my leach field was but all I know is the system worked and I had many more remodeling issues to deal with. House was built in 1961 and the guy who owned it, owned all the land around here including the neighbors...
  18. Mar3232

Washing machine -- vent ?

I have a bath and the vent is going up from the sink drain and there is a toilet just a couple of feet away -- both work fine. My question is -- I have a washing machine that will be about 8ft away from the sink that will tie into that drain system. I plan on using a ptrap on the washing...
  19. Mar3232

Vent through gable ?

Can you have a bathroom vent through the high part of a gable wall? Like very near the roof itself? I have a simple ranch home so it would be near the peak of the roof and hopefully I can do this so I don't have to go through the roof. And is 2" PVC ok to use? This is a second bath, far from...
  20. Mar3232

Water to detached garage

I plan on having the proper pipe buried etc to get to the garage but I wanted to ask about the water supply itself. I have a 1/2" cold water copper pipe that is in my basement and it's the closest water source inside the house to the garage. The main from the well/pressure tank would be a pain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks