Search results

1. Mar3232

Roof vent and hole saw

Many thanks. I put another bathroom on the other end of the house where I'm going to put another vent. The original vent is pretty far from the new bath.
  2. Mar3232

Roof vent and hole saw

Wow -- thank you ! I just need to go through one layer of 7/16" OSB so, I'll use the 2 1/4". I'm assuming you need to be next to a rafter or close so you can anchor it in the attic as well. Wondering also if they make some sort of anchor that you can fit around the pipe inside the attic? --...
  3. Mar3232

Roof vent and hole saw

Not a pro but DIY and I want to put an extra plumbing vent in my roof when they reroof soon. Will use 1 1/2" pipe and was wondering about holesaw technique. My roof pitch is a simple ranch (4 in 12?) and was wondering if I drill a 2" hole with a hole saw, straight on (90 degrees) will the pipe...
  4. Mar3232

Terralift?

No, no standing water but it drains very slow. I'm single so I can stay abreast of it. I also just saw something called a septic genie? -- an aerobic bacteria generator that I'm curious about. Fact is, I don't even know where my drain field is but I've been all over the property and no soggy spots.
  5. Mar3232

Terralift?

I know it's not the kind of work you guys do but trying to get as much input as possible about the effectiveness of having this done on my drain field. It's a small house, I do everything right, like no toilet paper in the toilet etc. but house was built in 1961 and it's been draining slow for a...
  6. Mar3232

2pcs SIDR pipe to garage for water and drain?

Ok thanks. I was trying to just do the 40 bucks for a 100ft roll of pex. Probably best to get pvc for the drain....not much $ more. I'm a cheapskate sob....it's in my blood.
  7. Mar3232

I could also go to 1" was just concerned about adapting that to a 1/2" copper water pipe that (for now) is handy to go to the garage for the water supply.
  8. Mar3232

If I get this... https://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/pipe-fittings/polypipe-fittings/3-4-sidr-11-5-160-psi-excel-potable-water-poly-pipe/13110/p-1444431558834-c-8570.htm?tid=-3490381368567646398&ipos=13 One 50' piece will be to run water from the house to the garage. The other 50' piece will...
  9. Mar3232

SIDR polyethylene pipe -- something better?

well actually I'm just needing water out to my garage so this isn't coming from the well. going through the basement wall, through a trench then up through the garage slab. I keep forgetting other question I need to ask -- also want to run drain for a future macerator I may install out there...
  10. Mar3232

plus, it seems I can run an entire length of the PE as it's on a roll? don't want to screw with underground connectors. only need to go 40 feet
  11. Mar3232

didn't see your reply reach -- thanks for that.
  12. Mar3232

If I do use the PE, do you need to put it inside conduit or can you directly bury it below frost level?
  13. Mar3232

I did a post in the past and you all helped me identify the pipe from my well to the house which is SIDR PE but one of the reply's said there is now something better? but I forgot to ask what that is?. A pex maybe that can also be run underground? -- thanks Menards has the SIDR at a good...
  14. Mar3232

Another PVC fitting question -- wall mount?

Well, guess I could do that but just wanted some more mechanical stability and maybe a nicer look.
  15. Mar3232

Another PVC fitting question -- wall mount?

thanks for the saddle tee answer yesterday but I also want to know if there is a fitting you can mount to a wall that will allow a drain pipe (1" or greater) to pass through a wall? it's an odd thing I'm doing where I need to drain something inside from time to time but would like to...
  16. Mar3232

Outside of pipe drain PVC fitting?

found one at menards. thanks.
  17. Mar3232

I did see one at HD you can order but sure plumbing supply places will have it. Will it fit of on outside of 4" pvc? the HD one said use with cast iron. i'm guessing it will be ok?
  18. Mar3232

Ok thanks much. Looks like I'll have to wait till Monday -- searched that at Lowes and HD with no luck. Thanks again.
  19. Mar3232

Is there any type of fitting that you can attach to the outside of a 4" drain pipe that will follow the curve of the pipe and allow you to get a drain hole (1" or higher diameter) out of it? Maybe you glue or silicone (with a couple screws also?) to the outside? look sort of like this but...
  20. Mar3232

Insinkerator fiber? gasket

there is no substitute for putty? you don't dare use silicone? or a rubber washer of some sort? I'm not a pro but every time I've used putty I've thought to myself how in the hell is this going to seal? a better quality putty maybe? thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks