Search results

1. Semon

Round flex AC pipe

Liken I said Crawl space (yes) Flex duct(yes) and I know about the condensation problems. I just want to know if paper back insulation would work if I wrapped it in plastic? I think that is the way the old timer did it.
  2. Semon

Round flex AC pipe

The insulation is lose and falling down in the crawl space. I live in Tn. I don't like the bubble insulation! And I can't find the silver wrap duct insulation around here. Can I use paper backed insulation and wrap it with plastic sheeting?
  3. Semon

Attaching to a concrete block wall

Shop wall putting another room on it. The new room is 28" below the shop wall slab. I need to attach the new wall to the old wall there is a foot between them. I'm going to pour a cap from one to the other but want it to be tied to the shop. what is the best way to do that?
  4. Semon

I'm building a 19X19 ft. addition to my shop and want to heat it

I have a 4X8 Ft. panel and a fan that hooks to a thermostat but doesn't heat enough. My shop is 24X40 ft. I live tn east Tn. so it doesn't get real cold here. I'm building a 19X19 ft. addition to my shop that faces east and want to heat it with the air space between my roof and insulated...
  5. Semon

Sound retarding "reduction" for a wall.

Thanks for the info Lee
  6. Semon

How about using regular insulation (bats) in interior walls?
  7. Semon

What is the best way to retard sound between bedroom walls?
  8. Semon

Hard Wood Floor

I want to reseal my oak hard wood floor. I like the color and don't want to do a lot of sanding. Just want to reseal them and fill small cracks between the boards. The house was built in 65. What would be the best to use? Thanks
  9. Semon

Kill Ants

Dana has very good info and is appreciated. I was thinking of boric acid also. Thanks to both of you.
  10. Semon

Kill Ants

I had to rip threw most of the walls to redo the electric and there isn't any insulation in the walls. I'm putting paper backed fiberglass. Lets go back to the first question. I want to put something to kill any ants or termites that might come up threw the bottom of the walls. I once herd that...
  11. Semon

Kill Ants

Walls. There is none. Remove all sheet rock interior walls insulate and replace the sheet rock. All above grade. Haven't gotten to the crawl space yet. As long as crawl space was mentioned what is the best way for doing that(insulation)?
  12. Semon

Kill Ants

I am going to insulate all my exterior walls and replace the dry wall. What is the best thing to put in them or in the bottom of them to keep the ants from coming in from the crawl space? I heard chloride powder but I'm not sure that is available any more.
  13. Semon

Painting

I built a vanity for the bathroom and my wife wants to be white. I primed it and used wall paint for it with a airless sprayer it came out textured not smooth so I thinned it down and tried a my air sprayer and it helped with the texturing but it wasn't putting out enough paint to cover rite...
  14. Semon

Backer board in bathroom

Thanks for the info.
  15. Semon

Backer board in bathroom

Fiberglass has facer but it is just stuffed in. No paper or felt . Brown board is just that pressed fiber from the 60s. Brick space is about 2". Weep holes yes, vented at top I think.
  16. Semon

Bath Window Sill

Composite window sills
  17. Semon

Backer board in bathroom

Hadie board, glass insulation, 1/2 " brown board, brick.
  18. Semon

Backer board in bathroom

Shower exterior wall I live in east Tn. I put up Hardie board on the inside of the exterior wall of the shower and going to put tile over that. I plan to use Aqua Defense on the Hardie board before the tile. Should I put a vapor barrier between the Hardie board and the insulation?
  19. Semon

Smoke

Just a badly burned pot of food on the stove. I washes the walls and ceiling but it still stinks.
  20. Semon

Bath Window Sill

It has a vinyl window but wood around the inside of it, or should I say rotted wood. I am going to remodel the bath room and want to make the shower area water proof.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks