Search results

1. MadMadScientist

1/2" vs 3/8" PEX Plumbing Design Question

3239.55 in reply to 3239.20 Here's the reply I got back from the PPI PE... Hi D You are welcome – Pls see the discussions below and hope that is helpful for you- .. in addition to the ice maker, dishwashers are most often supplied with nominal 3/8” tubing. The IPC (see Table...
  2. MadMadScientist

I agree that it doesn't make instant sense that you can run 3/8" to anything but an icemaker. But what really suprised me about the table is that they say that 3/8" is fine for a single head shower!!! That table is for a home run system I should say.... And I too wish I knew how they...
  3. MadMadScientist

In case anybody else wants to read it the Plastic Pipe Institutes PEX design guide can be found here. http://plasticpipe.org/publications/pex_handbook.html Seems useful though I wish they'd explain exactly how they got that table!
  4. MadMadScientist

I've Found The Answer!!!! I've Found The Answer!!!! So it turns out the Uponor has a online forum. I asked in that forum the same question that I asked here...and here is what the Uponor employee said.... dneumansky, Due to the fact that 3/8" piping is minimally used in the plumbing...
  5. MadMadScientist

Points well taken. I bet that the plastic pipe guys did do the math and that's how they got the table... With short runs, a bath lav and a modern low flow water closet why should they need more than3/8"? I mean, those institute guys didn't pull those numbers outta thin air did they?
  6. MadMadScientist

Hello All, Here's the situation. I've got a situation that seems to be perfect for a pex home-run manifold. I've got 2 bathrooms, a small kitchen, and a laundry room all with ~10' (as the crow flies) of the manifold location. The Plastic Pipe Institute has a Pex Design guide which I...
  7. MadMadScientist

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Hi Lisa, Yea we are used to it now. I especially like the soft close lid. I thought it was just an expensive gimic but now I like it. Similar story to yours. A good friends FIL who is from Italy is visiting right now. First time he used their standard toilet he was shocked at how much...
  8. MadMadScientist

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Thanks for the reply. I guess we were scared to use it for a while because I was the one that installed it and we wanted to make really really really sure it was done right and would not leak. I do think that folks who sell this unit should strongly warn/caution potential owners about the...
  9. MadMadScientist

Pinholes in copper pipes

so lets say I have the pinhole leaks in my copper pipe. I don't want to replace them what can I use to seal the leak? Is there some kind of epoxy or something that I could use that would be permanent?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks