Search results

1. JLMA

Skylights... Grr!

That is great advise!
  2. JLMA

Skylights... Grr!

Who Installs "Interior Windows"? Thanks LLigetfa. What you say makes a lot of sense :o, so no "light shelf" for me. Who does one go to to have interior windows (regular window glass or "brick" glass) installed? To the same installer who'd place exterior windows? JLMA
  3. JLMA

Indoor Clerestories (Frosted High Window Above Eye Level)?

I did that before I posted this thread, jimbo. But not enough significant hits come up when you Google "indoor clerestory". English is not my first language, and I cannot come up with other "search words". Any suggestions? Thanks! JLMA
  4. JLMA

Indoor Clerestories (Frosted High Window Above Eye Level)?

Hi all! I am in the preliminary-design phase of a condo remodeling and am considering using the "clerestory concept" (a frosted high window above eye level) in the wall between the bathroom and the living room. The purpose is to bring daylight to the bathroom (which has no outside window...
  5. JLMA

Skylights... Grr!

Indoor Clerestories (Frosted High Window Above Eye Level) Dana, I am interested in what you said about "clerestories". With and without a "light shelf". I am in the preliminary design phase of a condo remodeling and am considering using the "clerestory concept" (a frosted high window...
  6. JLMA

Sink & dishwasher DILEMMA...

Interesting that running it once a week is enough for you. Since, like I said, I have not had/used one in decades, I'd like to ask you: is yours a full size washer? how many of you live at home? That info'll give me an idea of how often I/we'll be running it and whether a 18-inch wide compact...
  7. JLMA

a Kitchen into a Bathroom: Drain Question

Thanks jadnashua. How far could the projected vanity & shower be from the present kitchen sink and still be able to drain adequately into the kitchen's sink drain? JLMA
  8. JLMA

Moving Toilet a few Feet

Thanks hj. As I mentioned in the "a Kitchen into a Bathroom" thread, a contractor who just handled very nicely a serious remodeling project in a different condo unit with the same floor plan as mine in the same building said (when I asked him if the current kitchen could be turned into a...
  9. JLMA

Thanks hj and johnfr whipple. I'm not planning on doing any of the condo-remodeling work myself. An architect is working on the preliminary designs at the moment. A contractor will manage "the work". I know I will not get to make the technical decisions, but I find myself spending a lot of...
  10. JLMA

Hi all! Part of the remodeling I plan for my 1984 condo is turning the current kitchen into the main bathroom. Still in the preliminary design phase. Here's the question I have: Can the current kitchen's sink water-drain be used to drain BOTH the projected shower and vanities? You...
  11. JLMA

Moving Toilet a few Feet

Hi there, I researched the previous threads and had no luck in finding help with these questions I have. I'm remodeling a condo and would like the main bathroom's toilet to be like 3 feet away from where it is right now. Is that doable using conventional (not engine driven) fixtures? If...
  12. JLMA

Thanks LLigetfa. No, the sink & dishwasher I said I liked would go side by side, instead of the sink being above the d-washer. This is a kind-of-small sink (14Wx18D), but it might be large enough for rinsing veggies and fruit (since we won't be using it to rinse dishes prior to putting...
  13. JLMA

Thank you very much for the reply, jimbo. I did some research (I guess I should have done that before I posted the thread...) and found a 14Wx18D (inside bowl dimensions) sink and a compact 18-inch Wide dishwasher that I like (sound is 52 db): sink...
  14. JLMA

Hi all! I'm looking for suggestions to install a sink and a dishwasher in a space-efficient way. I'm not doing the work myself. A contractor will. I'm only trying to figure out where each will go. FIRST OPTION: My initial thinking is to install the dish-washer right under the shallow bowl...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks