Search results

1. DaveMe

vacuum vs non-vacuum valves in a 1 pipe low pressure steam heating system ?

I have a 1 pipe low pressure steam system and would like to replace the air valves on the radiators. The current valves are Hoffman No. 2 vacuum valves. When I look online, all I see is non-vacuum valves - like the Hoffman Model1A PartNo.401422 Air Valve (non-vacuum). I talked to a great...
  2. DaveMe

using 24vdc to open a 24vac gas valve on a low pressure steam system

Thanks for all the concerns. Instead of messing with 24vdc vs 24vac, I think I will get a 12vdc to 120v ac inverter and if the power goes off, just unplug the transformer from the AC house circuit and plug it into the inverter. The transformer will be getting AC current, no worrying about...
  3. DaveMe

Gentlemen - The transformer that powers my boiler is a Honeywell AT 20D1047 1, O.C. 25V. N.E.C. CLASS 2, 120V. 60CY. 20V.A. I metered it - 25 volts. What I would do if I lost power is take the + and - leads off the AC transformer and put them on a 24v transformer that is operated off a...
  4. DaveMe

My Peerless low pressure steam boiler has a 24vac gas valve. During a recent snow storm (seems too early to be saying this), we lost electricity for over 24 hours. A friend of mine told me that I could hook 2 12 volt dc batteries together in series to get 24 volts, and that the 24volts of dc...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks