Search results

1. Sjsmithjr

Honeywell 3210D Wiring

Replacing a Hunter 44100 for my mom - its too complicated for her and hard to read. Its a four wire heatpump setup - Heat/Cool Transformer (R and RH jumpered with 24V in), Fan Relay (G), Compressor Contactor (Y), and Heat Relay or Valve (W) I have Honeywell 3210D and if someone wouldn't mind...
  2. Sjsmithjr

Truss in way of bathtub drain

We've had an Americast above floor rough for about 10 years now. For the bulk of that time it was our only tub/shower. The tallest person in our house is 5' 6" and over 50. The shortest is still growing. No issues. Wood shrinks the most radially (height) and tangentially (width) ; not so much...
  3. Sjsmithjr

P-Trap, can I put this in like this?

You can bore a 2 3/8" hole in a 2x8 floor joist; that's the same O.D as a 2" Schedule 40 PVC. The hole can't be drilled within 2”of edge of joists. Max notch for a 2x8 floor joist is 1 1/4" and can not be located in the center 1/3 of the unsupported span. If you're concerned about the...
  4. Sjsmithjr

Securing vintage sink to the pedestal

The old timer WAS the first to reply. HIS description of how it goes together was easy to understand. Judicious use of CAPS in honor of HJ. I've learned a lot from him and I'm always impressed by his knowledge base.
  5. Sjsmithjr

Is this setup ok? Wet Vent/Washer/Utility Sink

https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-add-utility-sink-and-washer-drain-to-existing-4.41042/
  6. Sjsmithjr

Odors coming from drains after plumbing remodel

Now, now Mark. Caryville is right off the interstate. :) Building permits are issued by Campbell County for $11.50, but the last time I checked there are no inspections other than electrical and septic. The only reason they have those inspections is because the State does the electrical and...
  7. Sjsmithjr

PEX Firestop question

If you haven't already, take a look at Uphonor's plumbing system installation manual for and also the details on HILT's website. There is reference to 18-inch spacing, 3 pipes per penetration, etc. but ultimately you will need to meet your local requirements for construction.
  8. Sjsmithjr

PEX Firestop question

Do you mean "fireblocking" instead of "firestopping"? Firestopping refers to protecting a penetration to the same degree as the fire rated assembly being penetrated. Fireblocking will slow air from feeding a fire and resist the spread of flame and embers in a concealed space such as a wall...
  9. Sjsmithjr

New Electrical Service and meter for detached garage

For residential work, it is my understanding that anything other than routine maintenance or a project with a dollar value of less than $100 requires an electrical permit in Tennessee. The electrical permit is issued separately from the building permit, which typically covers all other trades.
  10. Sjsmithjr

New Electrical Service and meter for detached garage

That is because with few exceptions electrical inspections in Tennessee are made by a State Electrical Inspector, not the city or county. Your inspector should be on this list: www.mtemc.com/acrobat/Electrical_Inspections.pdf. Give the inspector listed for the Spring Hill area a call and ask...
  11. Sjsmithjr

How to Plumb a Timber Frame

Information provided by Studor in their US Studor Engineered Products Manual does not support this statement. In the codes section of this publication they acknowledged that there are several model plumbing codes used in the US along with numerous local variations and amendments. The codes...
  12. Sjsmithjr

Faucet brand ID, please

Ah yes (switches to bigger monitor) the handles. More like this one, which is a Brizo Trevi, but they usually put their name on the escutcheon. If your looking for a more common match something like the Moen Align might work for you. Most manufacturers offer stylistically similar products in...
  13. Sjsmithjr

Faucet brand ID, please

Looks very similar to a "no name" Chinese lav faucet sold on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wall-Mount-Chrome-Brass-Bathroom-Basin-Faucet-Dual-Cross-Handles-Sink-Mixer-Tap-/171388252237
  14. Sjsmithjr

Finishing a basement - poured 3' too low for sewer

I see in your first post that the house is in Georgia. Check your local building codes department as most areas adopt 12" for frost line depth even if the actual frost line is less. Again, you'll need to check with your local building codes department and "vent per local code". You're going...
  15. Sjsmithjr

Vent problem with pic

Any reason you can't take take a more direct route with the tub drain?
  16. Sjsmithjr

Vent problem with pic

If I'm looking at your photo correctly, the double sanitary tee is installed on the horizontal. That is not OK. There are other issues as well with the layout. A good place to start would be a basic guide like Bert Polk's. Check it out and maybe post a sketch of what you propose to do...
  17. Sjsmithjr

Laundry tub studs

How long is the existing washing machine stand pipe? Also, I believe you mean to say "stub out". : )
  18. Sjsmithjr

Eavestrough emitting sewer gas - Fix with PTrap??

If your eavestrough system (gutters and downspouts) is connected to your septic system it shouldn't be. Your best course of action, at least initially, may be to contact a professional to determine if this is the case and hence the cause of your sewer odors. It is always prudent to have the...
  19. Sjsmithjr

Shower venting question

What is the slope on the trap arm without the 1/16 bends? Also, if you aren't aware, if you rely on dry fitting your pipe lengths will come up short. Better to measure taking in to account the fitting socket depth.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks