Search results

1. Petros151

Plumber or bust! I think I can do this! Advice please!

I'd like to try do DYI on a new kitchen sink and half bath that I've posted about b4 The #1 issue right now is cutting out some cast and connecting PVC there is old cast all on the horizontal run. I'd rather do the new hook ups to PVC The 2nd floor stack I am leaving. it looks good in the...
  2. Petros151

someday I'll be a plumber but for now still need advice on venting

wow! Wow thanks for this tip! I redid the diagram. So then I would need to run a 2" pipe as the drain pipe into the horizontal sewer line ( A and B) as shown and then connect a 2" elbow and a 2" horizontal run (C) and then the 2" vertical run (D) up to the roof and I'm done? So then I can...
  3. Petros151

ok this may not be too hard after all. Funny thing one plumber came over and told me I could vent a sink drain below as in the first drawing, what a problem that would have been if I had not posted and gotten your input and let him do that! THANKS! This is a great forum. Wish I knew more to...
  4. Petros151

someday I"ll be a plumber but I still need some advice on venting NEW IDEA how about this? by the way does the horizontal vent pipe have to slope up ? THANKS!
  5. Petros151

ok thanks, that dashes my plans for an "Easy" way to vent. I'll rethink this. In the meantime anyone have any ideas? There is no way to run vertical pipes that I can see. Maybe one way is to put the toilet out 6" further from the wall and put the horizontal vent run above the sink floor rim as...
  6. Petros151

I need some advice on venting/. It would be very difficult for me to run a vent line except in one place where I can get it up to the roof and out. I'd like to use "Y" connections as in the diagram to hook up a vent system. It's all for a 1st floor set up and the only way waste is going out...
  7. Petros151

Gas shutoff valve

must be there I live in a small town The meters are no frills but there is a little hard to see valve running in parallel with the gas pipe coming from the ground to the meter. You have to use a crescent wrench to turn the "handle" so it comes to 90 degrees with the pipe. My gas meter sends...
  8. Petros151

Can I do this? Double waste system ?

correction on can I do this? thanks for the info . I need to correct my description I would not have multiple vertical stacks but 2 horizontal runs. Here is a diagram what is blue is new what is brown is old Cast iron. All the new stuff is going to have to drain into a horizontal run just...
  9. Petros151

Can I do this? Double waste system ?

I posted this in the UPC section but I think it should have gone here. sorry for the dup. I have a potential problem. I have an old house there was originally no plumbing (1900) and an out house. At some point they put a full bath in upstairs and it is plumbed in the floor and vented from...
  10. Petros151

double soil pipe system to keep "grandfather clause"?

I have a potential problem. I have an old house there was originally no plumbing (1900) and an out house. At some point they put a full bath in upstairs and it is plumbed in the floor and vented from the bathroom (2nd floor) up to the roof. Then at some point they put in a kitchen sink on...
  11. Petros151

old house adding drains looks ok?

AFTER THE REPLY I SAW SOMETHING: this was my original I have a 1900's 2 floor with full attic home there is only one vent for the whole pluming system. So far there are no problems with existing drains. I drew a pic of what is there and what I want to add. I think it should still work fine...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks