Search results

1. Pigrew

Natural gas valve pressure ratings and pressure testing

Hi, I'm planning to add an appliance to my house, and will want to do a pressure test of the newly installed gas lines. I'm getting confused about the pressure ratings of the various valves involved. My main shutoff says 175 PSI, but most of the appliance valves say either 1/2 or 5 PSI...
  2. Pigrew

Is my expansion tank dead?

Hi, I've noticed that (1) Air doesn't come out of my expansion tank when I press in the valve core of the Schrader valve and (2) When I try to pump up the tank with a hand pump, no air goes into the tank. I was doing the pumping while the water pipes were pressurized. The water in my house has...
  3. Pigrew

Replace iron fittings with brass?

Hi, In my house, I have a rusted iron tee fitting in the potable water supply (to the kitchen). The iron fitting is 1/2 in and has one end going to a sillcock (chrome-plated brass???), the other two connected to brass (or maybe copper?) adapters to flared copper pipe. My first inclination...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks