Search results

1. Greeny56

Newly Installed Water Softner/RO

Gary, I totally agree with all the points you have made about the hot water heater and the iron deposts but that doesn't enter into play with this house. This house was a contractors starter house and wasn't connected up to city water until I had purchased the house in 2010. I had my softener...
  2. Greeny56

Anybody know of online web sites for purchasing Kinetico K5 RO filters? I want to check the prices against my installer prices. I watched him do the filter change and figured next time, it will be my turn instead of paying $75.00.
  3. Greeny56

Tech showed up and retested the water and got the same results as previous test from last Wednesday. He removed resin tank cap and I have at least 2/3 if not a little less of media. He cleaned everything up and then reprogrammed the system to give me more capacity. Will recheck the water in...
  4. Greeny56

Tank is black in color. It is tagged as a Powerline PS 1054x M.
  5. Greeny56

Well, the company called today and the tech being sent out is the same idiot that installed it backwards and then told the company that after he reinstalled it correctly he checked it out completely and it was good to go. I am going to light a fire under his a** when he gets here.
  6. Greeny56

Been a while since I have been on here so I will just update everyone to how things are going with this softener system. I am still getting the red ring around my toilets and yesterday I delivered samples of my cold and hot water to the installers. They called me today and told me that my...
  7. Greeny56

My system has worked great for the year it has been installed, but the one thing both the wife and I notice is that our toilets still seem to get a brown ring around the toilet. Not just one toilet, but all of them. I asked the tech (when he was here to drop off my free filters and salt that...
  8. Greeny56

Well, they came back for the 90 day follow-up. I reminded Mark (the technician who installed my system) that he had promised me some free salt as well as filters for installing my system backwards. True to his word, he gave me 2 bags of salt and the replacement filter for my tank system. I...
  9. Greeny56

Thanks for the info Baill. They are coming back to give my system the 90 day checkup and before they head out for my house, I will call and request that the flow suppressor valve be put on the truck for them to install.
  10. Greeny56

Well, the fridge did make ice cubes and either Kenmore has really missed the boat by only allowing the ice maker to make small cubes or the RO is not getting enough water into the ice cube molds. My wife is resorting to using ice trays to get the ice cubes she likes. Never, ever, go buy a...
  11. Greeny56

Not that I know of, but I think they run about $100 to have installed.
  12. Greeny56

Well, I just purchased a new Kenmore Fridge and hooked up the water connection, and I can get water out of the front but I am not getting any water into the ice maker. I know it says you need between 40-120 psi of pressure and I don't know what the pressure is once a Softener system with a RO...
  13. Greeny56

Well, the company sent out the person (whose name is Mark) who installed the softener system, and as we were looking over the system, I brought it to his attention that the arrows seemed to be going the wrong way on the valve. He looked and said, "Yeah, it's backwards". I said, "well, way...
  14. Greeny56

Well, here I am back again. Since my brother and I cleaned out the screens in the washer, I attempted to run a load of laundry and once again the water pressure dropped to a trickle. My brother came over and the screen was once again clogged with sandy residue. My brother says that this is...
  15. Greeny56

Well, finally got to the last thing on my agenda of the newly installed Water Softner/RO System problems. Turned off the cold water to the inlet hose for the washer, disconnected it and put it into the washtub and then turned it back on. Got all the cold water I wanted. At that point, my...
  16. Greeny56

Water in the tub is now running clear. I suspect that the brown sandish residue was sediment left in the line to the tub that was was washed out once the softner was installed. As to the ice maker, I had previously removed the fridge filter so that it was not running a redundant filter. My...
  17. Greeny56

I will take the cold water line off and let it run into the washtub and see if it runs normally. I don't believe I have a fridge filter, but will recheck the line where the installer screwed it in for any kinks. Thanks for the reply.
  18. Greeny56

I just had a new Powerline Water Softner and a Kinetico R5 RO system installed. Since that time (One week), I have found my ice maker taking longer to make ice, and the ice is hollow and smaller in size. I have also had a problem with the washing machine where I cannot get cold wash/rinse...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks