Search results

1. Hammerlane

Tip for removing scratches/discoloration from toilet bowl

Scratched the hell out of my upstairs toilet the other day while unclogging it. Tried using Softscrub but it didn't do much. Got a tip to use Bar Keepers Friend cleanser with a Scotchbrite pad. Well the results speak for themselves. I should of went and got my buddy's auger when plunging didnt...
  2. Hammerlane

Basement bathroom--use shower vent for toilet

Planning stages of basement bathroom. Here is a photo of the corner area I have picked out. -The purple is the existing 4" running in the slab. The location is confirmed via camera. -That stack on the left of the photo is all vent pipe above the upper 4" San-T. So I can tie into that to...
  3. Hammerlane

Vent toilet with San-T??

Can a San-T be used like in photo "A" to vent a toilet or is that considered a flat vent? Or does a wye and a 45 need to be used like in "B"?
  4. Hammerlane

Propane Grill Regulator Problem??

Dont know if this belongs in this forum but will try: Have an older Sunbeam propane grill with a dual main burner and one side burner. So three controls where: 1- is the side burner, 2- is the left side of the main burner and 3- is the right side of the main burner If I have either...
  5. Hammerlane

Why Can't A Double Sanitary Tee Be Used Here

Why can't a double sanitary tee(DST) be used here instead of the double fixture tee(double fixture fitting)? Does it have to do with in case the line needs to be snaked? The snake most likely would have a tough time going down once it reached the DST? What is a situation where a double sanitary...
  6. Hammerlane

Long Tailpiece Remedy..Vanity Drain Configuration

The before setup for the vanity drain arrangement will not work because the vanity has a drawer that slides in. Look at the after photo and is that acceptable?? The photos are not of the same vanity. The AFTER photo is reference.
  7. Hammerlane

Can bath sink and utility sink drain into 1.5"...PHOTOS

Can I have a bath sink and a garage utility sink draining into a 1.5" drain? Photo #2 is looking the opposite way as photo #1. I'm rethinking my garage utility sink install. I posted a question about 2 weeks ago concerning that. Have another question. Attached are two photos of my main stack...
  8. Hammerlane

Want To Add Wash Sink In Garage--How To Drain

I want to add a wash sink inside my garage. On the opposite side of the wall where I want to add the wash sink there is an inside bathroom sink. See two different diagrams below for existing setup. What I want to do will be in my next post.
  9. Hammerlane

What Type Of Drain Pipe Is This & What 90 to Use

Take a look at the photos. This drain is to pick up water in a kind of swale and direct it out the other end of the patio. What type of pipe is this and what type of 90 do I need to get it to grade level after I backfill around patio. The OD of the pipe is about 4 & 3/16 inches
  10. Hammerlane

Washing Machine Standpipe...Remedy An S-Trap

In the diagram below, will either sketch 2 or 3 remedy a washing machine standpipe that has an S-trap(sketch 1)
  11. Hammerlane

Gas line for outside grill

Tired of running out of propane while cooking out. Want to convert grill to natural gas. Deciding on way to get gas to area grill will be going. First way is Tee-ing in at gas meter, running over about 4 feet to a 1/2 shut off then the fittings for quick disconnect onto shut off. MY concern...
  12. Hammerlane

Max vertical distance out of p-trap before going into trap arm

In the following photo disregard the dishwasher drain hose and address the vertical distance between the green lines. Is there a max vertical distance the water has to rise out of the trap before going into the trap arm?
  13. Hammerlane

Disassembling Oatey Single Handle Washing Machine Shut Off

Leaking Oatey Single Handle Washing Machine Valve--Disassembly Had an Oatey single handle washing machine valve that was about 14 years old. Developed a leak at the handle. See photos. I was able to take old valve off the taps but could not figure out how to remove valve stem from valve...
  14. Hammerlane

Leaking Oatey washing Machine Shutoff Valve

I have an Oatey(model unknown) washing machine shutoff valve. It has a small leak under the handle when in the on position. Contacted Oatey and they were able to get me an entire new assembly this time with water hammer arrestors. Good company. After removing old valve off of...
  15. Hammerlane

Horizontal Washer Drain AFTER Standpipe 3 iinch??????

I have another thread on here about how to plumb a washer and utility sink into an existing 4" stack. My plan was to run 2" horizontally to pick up the laundry sink and washer after tying into the stack. I talked with our local inspector here in Ohio and he said that any horizontal run to...
  16. Hammerlane

Plumb Washer & Laundry Sink Into Existing Stack

Want to install a laundry sink and washer as shown in the photo. Can I just remove the existing 4"-T from the stack, replace it with a "Double Sanitary T", use one tap of the San T as a clean-out and the other tap as the run for the sink using a wye then onto the washer? Also will I not need a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks