Search results

1. Hammerlane

Adjusting DWV slope basement shower

I would concur with that statement.
  2. Hammerlane

Adjusting DWV slope basement shower

I think cutting out the section between the green marks, then extending pipe "A" and then making sure fitting "B" is rolled enough for proper pitch from the trap.
  3. Hammerlane

Need to move shower drain over about 1 inch

I'm assuming you mean the shower base is already set in its foundation material like plaster or mortar? My question is who would set the shower base in without knowing that the stub-up from the trap is not lined up with the hole in the shower pan?
  4. Hammerlane

Which Mortar for Bed for One-Piece Maax Fiberglass Shower?

Exactly how I did mine but I used plaster of paris instead of mortar
  5. Hammerlane

Proper use of a wye in a basement bathroom

I layed sand down to halfway cover the pipes, then some dirt then gravel then concrete.
  6. Hammerlane

Basement bathroom--use shower vent for toilet

The garage floor level is about 1.25 blocks down from the sill plate. So the tie in for the vent is about 7 to 8" above that. Guess I got lucky there
  7. Hammerlane

Hj.....We used a repair coupling.
  8. Hammerlane

Tom...the flat vent for the toilet(the part marked with orange) is washed by the shower. I attached another view to show that the shower is washing that part
  9. Hammerlane

Need help with a shower drain in basement

In your proposed drains picture, is that the location of where you want to put the shower? You will need to vent it. Where in your proposed drains picture do you plan to place the toilet? I am working on my basement bathroom and I wet vented the toilet off the shower. I minimized concrete...
  10. Hammerlane

Supply plumbing, framing completed, shower set, exhaust fan in and electric done. Drywall next. Used plaster to set shower base on as depicted in the pic below.
  11. Hammerlane

Questions about a newly installed shower stall.

I am in the process of installing the same shower pan except that mine is a 4834CPAN. And I am installing the back wall and side walls that correspond to that pan.
  12. Hammerlane

New DWV Layout

In this setup all venting is vertical until well into the ceiling before the vent goes horizontal. The toilet is wet vented via part of the shower drain. In this photo attached, the pipe marked with green is always vent. It is venting the shower and toilet. The pipe marked with orange is...
  13. Hammerlane

New DWV Layout

Build a wall to separate the fixtures and run the vent up vertical in that wall. In this pic the wall is used to separate the shower from the toilet.
  14. Hammerlane

Wet Vent from shower allowed for toilet?

Wouldn't his vent takeoff need to be somewhere in the red portion of his proposed diagram?
  15. Hammerlane

Check my bathroom layout

As far as your comment about the holes being in the center third of the joist that's not a problem it's notches that are not allowed in that area
  16. Hammerlane

The vent goes horizontal at about 42". The studs on that back wall inside the shower alcove are positioned correctly because the shower base needs to be set far as back as possible. The other studs along that back wall will be turned.
  17. Hammerlane

Tip for removing scratches/discoloration from toilet bowl

Because I knew I was gonna take an after picture if the Bar Keepers worked. What's the big deal?
  18. Hammerlane

Tip for removing scratches/discoloration from toilet bowl

Scratched the hell out of my upstairs toilet the other day while unclogging it. Tried using Softscrub but it didn't do much. Got a tip to use Bar Keepers Friend cleanser with a Scotchbrite pad. Well the results speak for themselves. I should of went and got my buddy's auger when plunging didnt...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks