Search results

1. pkrsiak

Honeywell Aquastat Settings

Is your boiler direct vent? If is then you most likely have a sealed combustion. There are sensors controlling for a proper air-gas ratio. If one of them is insufficient or the exhaust is blocked the system will shut down, or the sensors could be faulty
  2. pkrsiak

Heating with vegetable oil

Has anyone come across a heating system using vegetable oil please?
  3. pkrsiak

TACO 007 circulating pumps propeller/shaft separation?

The power to all pumps is supplied; I tested for voltage each individually and I also can hear them with a stethoscope. I reset the setting to 220°F and let it run for several hours continuously (I like subtropical temperature in North East :) ) and than the gargling started and the vents were...
  4. pkrsiak

Boiler's pump draws some of the heated water back to the boiler through a mixing chamber to prevent a totally cold return during startup to minimize a condensation. The pump was already installed in the factory; the never GV series models have actually two pumps.
  5. pkrsiak

Honeywell Aquastat Settings

Ours is GV-5, the same manufacturer like yours. I keep the settings to 155ºF -180ºF since the installation for about 15 years. I think the low is predetermined automatically. These settings are easier on the system and you will save some money, maintain higher temperature is more expensive...
  6. pkrsiak

My First one piece toilet

We have two toilets one-piece design, for about 15 years, functioning with no problems. One-piece design is dependable and easy to clean unlike the two-piece design.
  7. pkrsiak

System Description: 1. The boiler is cycling normally, low 160°F, and high 185°F, 15 years old without problems. 2. The boiler is Weil-McLain GV5, has its own Taco 007 circulating pump, which is running when any of the zone will call for a heat. 3. All four-zone circulation pumps are...
  8. pkrsiak

concrete driveway over utilitys

If the utilities were not in the conduits then I would relocate. Best, Pavel
  9. pkrsiak

Using CPVC at the boiler?

I believe the CPVC is a good product, but I would be very hesitant to use it for ANY heating applications at least for three reasons: 1.CPVC does not have any oxygen barrier and is permeable. Even if your boiler is fabricated from SS, you will induce numbers of other problems. 2.Even if your...
  10. pkrsiak

Accidentally drilled hole in PVC pipe

Hole in PVC pipe Here is my experience; there is no glue designed to permanently seal an open hole in the PVC pipe in order of my preference: 1.Tap 1/16-27 NPT and install a plug. (the ¼†hole diameter is OK for 1/16-27 NPT). You do not need to apply any dope or a teflon tape. If the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks