Search results

1. HammerSlammer

Boiler problem.

Pressure guage is reading 10 to 15 lbs, pretty close to the red arrow.
  2. HammerSlammer

Boiler problem.

I have a 10 year old Slant Fin boiler with a closed loop baseboard system. Everything has been rock solid for 10 years but this season I have an intermittent problem of not firing. A few weeks ago i went over and just messed with it a little shut the power off and turned it back on and it fired...
  3. HammerSlammer

B-tank Acetylene ?

Not me... I'm still waiting for one of those Coleman lanterns that sell so good on **** and get shipped air mail to do some damage. I imagine a few get shipped with gasoline in the tank.
  4. HammerSlammer

B-tank Acetylene ?

T-anks for the help. :D. I'll ask 20 bucks for them. I also got 4 torches but only 1 turbo that I'll probably keep for a while. However, I've found that when I need a turbo torch, I need a plumber.
  5. HammerSlammer

load demand for new water heater

I got all 4 installed, working, and inspected. Looks like electric is running about the same $ for these appliances as the gas for this area, ($.07/kw), with about three people in each unit. I suspect that larger families would make a difference. Thanks again for all the help.
  6. HammerSlammer

B-tank Acetylene ?

I had a tenant who was a plumber and when he left, (owning money), he left some tools, torches, and three acetylene bottles. It's been a few years so I figure they are mine to sell. My questions are: Do I need to look for some certification dates? and What might be a good price to ask on...
  7. HammerSlammer

Another gfci question.

Is there a better quality/brand I should be buying??
  8. HammerSlammer

Another gfci question.

I installed a Home Depot 3 pack of gfci's last June and they seemed to work great with the test button. This week I bought another 3 pack and a gfci tester. I installed one and it worked great. Then I put the tester on one I installed last June and it tripped and would not reset. Then tested...
  9. HammerSlammer

Root killer??

I have a property that needs a rooter service about once a year. The house really needs to be scraped so a real house can be built there so I'm trying to hang in there a few more years and therefore don't care to redo sewer lines at this point. So as far a maintenance goes is it worth...
  10. HammerSlammer

Thanks JW. I got the breaker changed out and every thing done and inspected today. Went pretty smooth and I'm happy to get one appliance out of the crawler for good. Three more to go. Thanks for all the help. HS
  11. HammerSlammer

Actually 6.9 cents but there is the 22 cent per day access so I figure a little more. That is about what it was in 1985. Hope they can hold out for a few more years... Our gas is 60 cents per ccf with a 30 cent per day access. That is about double from 2 years ago.
  12. HammerSlammer

Thanks Pete. That's what i needed to know. I got a little tongue tied describing. Thanks Jim. I have lowboy gas, the ones they don't make anymore. Even at that they were dug into a hole in the crawler and i couldn't get them to pass today anyway. So I'm comming out of the crawler and can't...
  13. HammerSlammer

Yes, i need to put an electric water heater in and take out the gas water heater. Do I have enough juice??
  14. HammerSlammer

Thanks, this is an existing 90 amp. built to code in 1985. Does that make a difference??
  15. HammerSlammer

I'm down to the wire on getting my 4- plex lowboy gas water heaters switched to 50 gallon electric and I'm checking the load calculations one more time. I can't seem to find the online calculator i used in the past and the mike holt calculator shows a 100 amp serv no matter what i put in...
  16. HammerSlammer

Next years lawn question.

Thanks for all the great advice. Looks like I'll have some work to do. That "sell' idea sounded pretty good. Condo. Houseboat. The wife probably won't go for that so I better get the lawn ready. I'll post some pics in June. Thanks again. HS.
  17. HammerSlammer

Next years lawn question.

I got my new water line in down at 6 feet. Thanks for all the good advice. I found out my lot is a like a big pile of mason's sand. No wonder i can't keep water on the grass. Now that the yard is pretty torn up I'm looking for things I might do to make it easier to hold moisture in the...
  18. HammerSlammer

New water service.

Well I went round an round but it looks like a new service entering the house at a different place than original. About 40 ft. from the pit to the entrance. Kicker is the city has a new code that I have to put a pressure reg before the meter and to get everything to fit I need a new yoke, (not...
  19. HammerSlammer

Replacing water service to house

I've had luck smashing copper pipe with two hammers and then folding it back and smashing it again to stop a leak. Got it down to a trickle.
  20. HammerSlammer

New water service.

I'm responsible from the meter/stop box to the house. Most people have stop boxes at the curb and then meters in the house with a remote reader to the side of the house. If I had that I would not have been paying for the leaking water, (about $50/mo), but i also probably would not know about the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks