Search results

1. Stephenson

Water pressure related to refrigerator inlet valve leak?

No leaks, so far! So, this seems pretty silly ... - $0.10 o ring would likely fix - changing the oring sealing surface (cutting tip so it slides to new position) - having positioning stress sleeves to ensure/maintain alignment - new design with double o rings - threaded fitting with cone...
  2. Stephenson

Continuing the saga … Was leaking after the marine silicon - no real change in amount when I flexed the line from the valve - could still get it to drip faster or slower based on position. Next stage of investigation becomes potentially destructive of the valve and the plastic male end on the...
  3. Stephenson

Fitter - 1/4" the tubing TO the inlet valve - OD is 5/16 FROM the inlet valve to the water filter - I think all the tubing in the fridge is 5/16. So far without success: - Cleaned and lubed with silicon grease - Cleaned and sanded male fitting with 2000 grit paper and lubed with silicon...
  4. Stephenson

So ... some tips from a youtube video noted simply cutting the tubing and direct inserting it into the valve connector ... my tubing has a make fitting in the end of it, so not certain this will work based on diameter difference? Same fellow in video had a leak in the angle fitting that was...
  5. Stephenson

Well, the silicon grease didn't fix it, the 2000 grit smoothing didn't fix it ,,. how about cleaning with spray brake cleaner to remove silicon grease residue, blowing out with compressed air, then spreading RTV or marine silicon, on the male fitting end and installing - leave water off for a...
  6. Stephenson

Agreed - but, for some devices - washing machines come to mind - the more basic approaches were pretty reliable and easy to fix. Now, they didn't look as good, weren't as energy efficient - and the buzzers were waaaay more basic :-) I like small computers and slick communications devices ...
  7. Stephenson

I installed a large capacity, whole house "surge protector" - my garage refrig is on a single outlet with a quality surge protector. Unfortunately, the main one is house (three years) is so difficult to remove I haven't tried to pull it out - some built in Miele monster. Around here in Florida...
  8. Stephenson

So, I did another pull and examine ... end of the male fitting is a bit scratched from where is it held in. So, carefully placed some silicon grease on the oring area, sanded the male fitting area with 2000 grit paper, greased the fitting then reinserted and water on. Tiny drip. Rotated...
  9. Stephenson

Thanks, Slomoola - I know most folks don't have time to play with electronics - and, I know jack about repairing, but learning. I know cost is the answer, and I know most appliance electronics are more reliable each year ... and, I know cost is lowered by making them smaller, and including as...
  10. Stephenson

Thanks, Breplum. Read a bit more on these single oring John Guest connectors - seems like a common failure mode relates to the single o ring deforming from lateral pressure related to the stiff tubing. This particular valve connection has a tube that curves rather aggressively and at a bit of...
  11. Stephenson

Hi All, I have not been on the site in over a year - I am saddened by Terry's passing. I have a sort of plumbing related question that I'll bet someone has some idea of ...neighbor gave me a nice refrigerator with a bad control board. Troubleshot the board to the power relay for the...
  12. Stephenson

See you later, not goodbye

I am so, so saddened to hear of Terry's passing ... 2023 has been an awful year. In addition to several interactions on plumbing matters where his instruction was EXTREMELY helpful, we had an email exchange discussing his choice of the photo he said he chose for me - a purple BSA 500 (B50SS)...
  13. Stephenson

Is there a reinforced PVC toilet flange?

I got the hex … love the way they feel building decks … one less thing to worry about! Roger on the hole depth and blowing out! Thank you. All!
  14. Stephenson

Oak - so local Lowes has the apathy version with stainless ring. I got 2 1/4” (3/16) Tapcons - is this suitable length? The 1 3/4” just seemed a bit short?
  15. Stephenson

Thanks! What length/size tapcons do you use ... I'm assuming philips flat head?
  16. Stephenson

Hi All, I continue to have the occasional split PVC flanges in a couple of rental houses - pita to notch and remove and reglue only to have the same thing happen a couple of years later ... and, yes, I try to tighten the nut appropriately - not overtightened. I don't do a lot of this type of...
  17. Stephenson

VERY strange toilet noises

Rental house that tenants just vacated ... I think this must have been like this for some time ... whoops can't post video ... when filling the Corky valve sounds like an angry goose, maybe even an elephant. Anyone run into this, before? And, I worked on a couple of other issues over a two...
  18. Stephenson

Rinnai RL94e - inside controller died - is it really needed?

Confirmed with Rinnai that parts are 5 year, but labor only 1 year. They also confirmed the new controller is the 601 series. They fellow I spoke with did not know if the LED on the main control board inside the heater had the ability to provide fault codes. I've reset to allow 140°F...
  19. Stephenson

Rinnai RL94e - inside controller died - is it really needed?

Hi All! Subject tankless installed in 2018 - so may still be under warranty. When I bought house two years ago, I reset to 140°F using dip switch process. The inside, wired controller (MCC-91-2W) stopped working two days ago (lights went out) - grabbed the manual, did some online reading...
  20. Stephenson

What is this - PEX with steel crimp rings?

so ... moved big dresser in next room and found awful oath job - very likely repair made from the back - supply lines from under slab leaking and terminated somewhere, then pex run in attic and down wall cavity into under sink area? Still some mystery though regarding where the lines were...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks