Search results

1. BigEd73

Changing height of toilet flange on cast iron

Thanks for the Reply Will!! I could not find a cast iron flange at 3 supply houses near my home. One guy thought I was nuts wanting to redo the lead connection. I was prepared and actually wanted to do the lead connection but the guy at the last supply shop talked me into a pvc replacement...
  2. BigEd73

Ok, I got the old flange off! That was painless:) I cut up the side with a recipicating saw and it popped right off. I'm off to get a new flange. Any tips on the lead process would be great, ie. how much lead , how much oakum(bad spelling maybe) . I beleive my Father has the ladel and the...
  3. BigEd73

Ok, Thanks. What is the best way to remove the flange to get it ready for installation? I may decide to attemp this task myself. Please describe the leaded process and describe what tools are needed. Can I melt the lead with map gas or propane?
  4. BigEd73

Hello. New here to this great site and happy to find it! I'm working on a '60s bathroom and have come across a problem that I need to address before going further. The room had a old tile mud job on the floor that I removed down to the original t&g subfloor. I going to add 3/4 plywood with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks