Search results

1. Tedr

Best location for pressure tank and switch

My 3/4 hp jet pump draws water from the lake and is located about 15' above lake level. There is a 2-gallon pressure tank at the pump. This small tank was added two years ago to solve a water hammer/bounce problem. I haven't checked the air pressure in this tank lately. The pressure switch...
  2. Tedr

Booster pump question

The water pressure is only 10 psi at my cottage and I would like to increase it to at least 30 psi. I have a 3/4 hp jet pump about 15 ft above the lake, and it pumps water to the cottage about 100 ft up a hill. The pump is set for 30/50 cut in/out. There is a 2-gallon pressure tank at the...
  3. Tedr

Another water hammer problem

My water system has been working properly for a few weeks (after solving some problems with the help of the veterans on this forum) and now I have a new problem. The pump cycles on and off rapidly about 6 or 7 times at start up but I have only noticed it when the shower is in use. The pump...
  4. Tedr

Pump won't shut off

I'm trying to decide if I need to replace my pump. I don't know how old it is, but I think it may be only a few years old. I am drawing water from a lake. The pump is a Mastercraft 3/4 hp. Vertical lift from the lake to the pump is about 12 feet. The pressure tank is at the cottage about...
  5. Tedr

Pump outflow port size

Newbie here... I just purchased a cottage property on a lake. The lake is the water source and the water system was working when I took possession. However, after shutting down the hydro panel after a visit the pump lost prime during the week. I suspect a problem with the foot valve which...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks