Search results

1. Carlegeo

about tightening packing nut on old main house shutoff valve

a. I have an old gate valve (not a ball valve) outside the house that turns off water to the house (its right at the house, not at/near the meter at the street) the pipes from meter to house are galvanized; its an older house from the 50s. c. I've turned off that valve a few times in...
  2. Carlegeo

shower faucet still leaks after changing bibb washer and valve seat

Situation 1. have from time to time had the bibb washer and sometimes valve seat changed on hot side due to slow drip from hot side of a standup shower (not witha tub) with separate hot and cold sides -- and the leak had stopped. (has always been hot side) 2. cold side was changed...
  3. Carlegeo

Does shower faucet stem packing nut need to be removed before removing the stem ?

The stand up shower, with 2 faucets, has a stem similar to or same as price pfister 910-0130. I need to replace the stem washer on the end, perhaps the seat. ===> Do I need to remove the packing nut first with the deep socket that would fit it before removing the stem itself ? (I don't...
  4. Carlegeo

Water leaking at and in the water meter box at the street

I have a traditional, older kind of water meter, at the street, in the concrete box; I don't think there is any electrical or computer connection on it for communication with the water company. I noticed a wet, soggy area near/at the meter, and took off the cover and much water is in the...
  5. Carlegeo

Temporary fix of a very small leak in a kitchen sink drain pipe attached to the jbend

I'm a complete amateur but want to try to see if a temporary fix would help for a small, I guess pinhole or a bit larger leak in drain pipe under kitchen sink that is attached to the jbend - this pipe screws into a larger one and then that larger one goes behind the wall. (its a metal, not a...
  6. Carlegeo

How long to wait to use vinegar and baking soda in sink after using drain cleaner ?

The bathroom sink had been draining very slowly and a chemical drain cleaner was used one week ago. It did not solve the problem, and I want to try using baking soda and vinegar before getting more help. But have read that its not good to put those in if chemicals have been used. (and...
  7. Carlegeo

showerhead on ball shower arm fell off - and can't find correct o-rings for it

I have an old shower arm with a ball at the end - there is nothing else but the ball, and the ball does not have a coupling or ring around it where the showerhead screws into it - its just a ball with a hole in it -- and the showerhead just fits on the ball by itself. (showerhead has no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks