Search results

1. timb

Green Sand Filter Issue

I took apart everything and cleaned it. The jet, the part that plunges down and opens the line for the brine tank, the whole float mechanism in the brine tank. The only thing I didn't do was empty out the brine tank and clean it. Is that needed? What should I do with all the purple fluid if I...
  2. timb

Green Sand Filter Issue

Not sure what Kind of valve it has, it is a ClearWater unit. The Brine/Rinse cycle (step 2 of 4 of the regeneration) is 60 minutes. The timer does not move at all for that whole 60 minutes so it should pull the purple fluid the whole time right? It was slowly drawing for about the first 30...
  3. timb

Green Sand Filter Issue

Yea, I knew it was potassium permanganate. I just thought "brine" was a universal term for the tank that has the chemicals. I have the 5 gallon tank sitting in a trash can right now because it is overflowing (hence it is not pulling enough during the regeneration cycle and refilling too much)...
  4. timb

Green Sand Filter Issue

I just purchased a house (was a foreclosure, so it sat vacant for awhile), and am learning all about the water system. It has a Well Pump, Pressure Tank, Soda Ash injector, Green Sand Filter, then the Softener. The Water treatment systems are all ClearWater and are 10 years old. I got...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks