Search results

1. Wilobe

Home-brew Linear Drain Cavity/Connection advice request

Hi John, thanks for your interest/questions and hopefully follow-up guidance. I have read many (possibly most all) your’s and gueuzeman’s (JB) posts about drain design. We realized early on that the shower was the most important part of our new m-bath expansion planning. We’ve always...
  2. Wilobe

Thanks for the reply Jim. I have researched many of the commercial linear drains on the web. The Noble Free Style Drain looks to be the best to me, but what a cost.... Like you, I'm a Retired Defense Industry Engineer which is probably why I'm thinking my above design woukd be vary reliable -...
  3. Wilobe

Looking for comments/advice please.... We’re thinking of building a new sunken shower (new slab/no curb), flat sloped floor, with a home-brew linear drain at the back wall. We would like to have the drain base locally fabricated out of 1/2" sheet plastic welded together...
  4. Wilobe

Newbe supplemental tankless questions...

Sounds like we'll be continuing to tolerate the approx. 1 minute cold water delay when turning on the hot water in the master bath. Its been that way since the house was build, just thought that with this addition it would be nice to correct it.
  5. Wilobe

Trade-off assistance please Thanks for the thorough "insulation cost" info Dana, I'm sure it will be very useful during our plumbing rough-in. Right now, I'm embarrassed as my brain/finger coordination, or lack there of, is exposed. You were correct, I did mean to ask about "installation...
  6. Wilobe

We're currently attempting to develop a budgetary estimate for our overall project/MB expansion. Part of the communications with two different plumbers was that, in their opinion, we should install a hot water recirculation pump/system as opposed to the supplemental MB mini-tank we’ve been...
  7. Wilobe

Thanks for the insulation tip, we will incorporate. As we’re still months out, we can’t open that wall right now to connect directly to the 1/2” pipe, however we did a quicky check-see at the single-piece faucet (aerator insert removed), 3/8” (?) shut-off valve / rigid supply tube – and...
  8. Wilobe

Again, Thank You for your reply. Sounds like a tankless will be cost prohibitive, especially with respect to electrical upgrade requirements. I must admit I never even thought about a small storage unit within the expanded MB area. I really like the idea of a single 120 volt hookup as our...
  9. Wilobe

Thank You for your reply. I have been rethinking the issue and reading more on this forum. We were hoping to mitigate the cold water slug at the far end of the line (master bath) by running it, in series, through an electric tankless within the new expansion. It looks like we’ll need to...
  10. Wilobe

We’re planning an extension to our master bath, and would appreciate input on adding an electric tankless WH as supplement to our existing plumbing within that expansion. Current configuration has a single MB sink at the outside (framed) wall that we intend to remove for the extension...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks