Search results

1. Tjbaudio

Pipe for future water main under cement.

We are having some decorative cement being poured at the front of the house. Currently the water main runs under a different part of the yard and is not leaking. We have slab on grade construction with under slab pipes from the 70's in Las Vegas. If we ever have to do a re-pipe it will be PEX...
  2. Tjbaudio

zero waste reverse osmosis with recirculation system

It has been a while since posting here! We have recently bought a house in Las Vegas and are planning on adding a reverse osmosis system to the kitchen sink. It also happens to be the farthest sink from the water heater and takes a good while to get hot water. Existing pluming system is...
  3. Tjbaudio

Main valve buried in cement needs replacement, How would you break it out?

Hello, I have an old house that has had many changes over the years. I am not sure when the pluming was changed from a well to city water main, could be the 70's could be the 40's. The original foundation is stone. At some point the basement was dug out (or possibly added) and the stone...
  4. Tjbaudio

Toto Aqua, sanitiser for the tank?

We have had the aqua for over 6 months and we really like it so far. When installing it I noticed a sticker on the tank lid that says to not use chlorine based tank sanitizers as it can damage the valve. What tank sanitizer is safe to use? I want some thing that fully dissolves over time so I...
  5. Tjbaudio

Canning sink in basement.

In our basement we have a utility sink right off the main 3"stack with a 1.5" fitting and trap. The trap is a few inches off the floor and I have a long tail piece on the sink. About 3 ft away I would like to put in a sink that will be like a normal kitchen sink but about a foot below normal...
  6. Tjbaudio

Just for fun!

Here is a link to my page with a picture of the old water heater draining. I am finding the comments pretty funny! http://incertclevername.com/?p=6 Here is a close up shot of the valve.
  7. Tjbaudio

2" or 1.5" under sink?

I know the drain line should be 2" for a kitchen. However every under sink connection I see at the store is 1.5" or smaller. So how close do I have to get with the 2" pipe till I can drop to the 1.5"? This is one lay out idea I had:(see pic) 2" to a 90 with a clean out on the end under the...
  8. Tjbaudio

expansion or pressure tank

I picked up a 2 gallon pressure tank to use as expantion tank for my 40 gallon HWH. I then found a unit labled as an expantion tank near the HWH in the same store. They are the same make and look the same other than paint and stickers. The other difference is the expantion tank came with a...
  9. Tjbaudio

Help finding a Toto Aqua!

The wife and I both agree that the Aqua is the toilet for us. Now the problem is finding one! We live in Central WI and aparenty they are not very popular out here. Of the few places we found no one stocks them and are several months out for white. Also the one place we could order from is a...
  10. Tjbaudio

can I please get some shower faucet recomendations?

I am installing a new shower in a total rebodel of the bath room. My plan is to have 3/4" copper right up to the valve to help eliminate any temp change. The HWH is right under the shower:) The rest of the house is 3/4" coper with 1/2" from the main line to the fixtures. What I have not...
  11. Tjbaudio

latest bath drain lay out.

How does this lay out look? Bath room is 8x8 with a 3x4 shower in one corner with a toilet centered in the remaining 4 ft on that wall. I plan on runing a 2" vent up the divider wall that encases the 3rd wall of the shower near the toilet. A few 45's will get every thing lined up with the...
  12. Tjbaudio

Floor drain in bathroom.

I am having a contractor rebuild my kitchen and bath. The Floor is going to be compleatly removed and so is the pluming. We have a 1 piece shower unit already bought. We were also thinking that a floor drain would be a good idea. I asked the contractor and he has not seen a floor drain in...
  13. Tjbaudio

grease trap? grease interceptor

If I am on city water would I benafit from a grease trap? I have not had any problems with clogs so far but I know the wife is hard on the sink drain. I do see greas build up at the kitchen sink. We will be adding a garbage disposal and we have a dishwasher. I am also doing a compleat remodle...
  14. Tjbaudio

3 or 4" PVC to 4" CI and more?

3 or 4" PVC to 4" CI and more? finished photos! This is the main stack going out of my house. It looks to be 4" CI. I plan on redoing the rest of the house in PVC. At the same time I am going to low flow toilets. Total units in the house are: 2 toilets, 3 vanity's, clothing washer, dish...
  15. Tjbaudio

Vent lay out and hight in 1.5 story house

Hello all. I got some great info for may last project I figured I would try again with this one. We have a 1.5 story house with 1/2 basement. Waist line exits to the street out the front. I also built a wet wall so I had room to get new vent and waist line to the roof and second story. We...
  16. Tjbaudio

New washer shakes floor!

Hello, the pluming is finally done and the new washer is here! Cleans great but there is a problem. The new washer resonates with the floor and I need to stiffen it! The joist are true 2x8 on 16” centers. with a 10 ft span. The washer and dryer sit on a raised platform made of 2x6 on edge...
  17. Tjbaudio

water sofener overflow to wash tub drain?

I have a newly installed water softener. The main rinse/back flush line goes to a stand pipe shared by the condensate pump for the furnace that is about 36"up and all is fine there. The unit also has an over flow drain on the brine tank. It is 28" from the floor. There is a laundry tub next...
  18. Tjbaudio

Paint Vent pipe?

In the laundry room we want to go with a more rustic look so we are planing on leaving the celling open. We have vent pipes running there (Cell core PVC) I would like to paint it to cover up the cement and make the pipe match the celling. I have painted PVC in theater work but is this OK for...
  19. Tjbaudio

rough in hight of P trap for vanity?

I am putting in a drain for a bath room vanity. We have not picked the vanity yet but I need to rough in the Vent/ Drain sani T that will receive the P trap horizontal arm. How far from the floor should this be?
  20. Tjbaudio

Rough-in hight of sink drain?

I am working on the new laundry room drain system. I am planing on a 1.5" sink drain over to the 2" washer drain line. How far from the floor should I put the sani-T horizontal arm (IE the P trap horizontal?) We have not picked out a vanity yet. Thank-you for your help.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks