Search results

1. generalinq

Small knob below shutoff valve?

thx thx for all the replies. Ya I may just add some teflon since I'm scared they may come lose again and leak.
  2. generalinq

Small knob below shutoff valve?

Hi Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but I moved into a new house and I have a faucet going to the back of my house as well as another one going to in the garage. Both have their own shutoff valves inside the house. Below the shutoff valve there is a small circular knob that I can...
  3. generalinq

Replacing the bathtub flange

Hi Folks, This site is great first off. My question is, I'd like to replace the bathtub flange. I read several posts on this forum that talk about unscrewing it using some channel pliers and then screw it using the same process and applying some plumbers putty perhaps. Is that all that...
  4. generalinq

Sewage smell in drains sometimes???

Hi Folks, I've used this site in the past with success and I'm hoping you can help me again. Everytime my wife uses the dishwasher upstairs or turns on the washing machine in the basement, there is a bad odor coming from the basement kitchen sink - sewage type smell... It's so bad that I...
  5. generalinq

Bathroom sink drain leaks after replacing it

auger k I stuck the auger all the way..all 15 feet of it and it was actually tough in a couple spots. Must have hit some elbows or dirt or both. Came back out with some nasty gunk. That seemed to take care of the clog. I put it all back together, still leaking...so I used teflon on all...
  6. generalinq

downstream copper Hi After the turn is made I'm not 100% sure where it goes. We just finished our basement so all the walls/ceiling is closed.
  7. generalinq

Snake Hi Sorry I should have mentioned that I did that already. I bought an auger and stuck it in the drain in the wall after I took it apart. Did not feel anything clogged. It went it without any problems.
  8. generalinq

piping Hi Ok I will try that. I was thinking of cutting that copper down a bit but was a little hesistant because there's already not much sticking out from the wall. I guess I can take off a bit with a tube cutter to get to more cleaner copper. The basement has 1 1/4 ABS and it appears...
  9. generalinq

pipe size Hi I'm using 1 1/2 ABS for the whole job. The connection from the copper pipe go from 1 1/2 to 1 1/4 (compression fitting, not a reducer). The part where it gets tricky is where the copper pipe sticks out of the wall. I had to FORCE the compression fitting on. Your right, the...
  10. generalinq

More pics This is the pic of the connection in the basment with is working fine. Notice the extension that is slightly smaller from the copper pipe. I noticed in the basment the compression fitting is also different. There is the one with the white threaded piece. I am using the one in the...
  11. generalinq

Pictures Ok here are pictures of the sink. Don't mind the wall behind, it was already broken up and ugly when I moved into the house :) This shows the pipes, the copper pipe spout out of the wall. The sink in my basement that has the extension that I was talking about. If you look closely...
  12. generalinq

clogging Ya. The stack seems ok. Tried the vacuum cleaner test and it seemed ok. The gurgling seemed to be because of the fact that the connection to the copper (the entry point in the wall) had air leaking in/out...not 100% sure.. Your right though, the water seems to be going into the...
  13. generalinq

Pictures Hi When I get home tonight, I'll post some pics. Good idea. I took a look at the rest of the bathroom drains to see how they were done. My home is about a 40 year old home so nothing is easy as it should be :) I noticed on the other drains, they have another smaller piece of 1...
  14. generalinq

Hi Folks, This site is great. I replaced my bathroom sink the other day. Used 1 1/2 ABS for the drain. sink to wall: drain downspout with stopper in it, ABS compression fitting, ptrap, ABS straight pipe to the copper spout coming out of the wall, ABS compression fitting to connect...
  15. generalinq

copper drain to ABS?

bathroom Hi It's my bathroom sink.
  16. generalinq

Draining Pipe

Thanks Thanks. Didn't know about the 1/4 per foot slope. I took another look and it's not that much sloped.
  17. generalinq

copper drain to ABS?

Hi Folks, I am pretty sure I have old copper drains (1 1/4 mabye..not sure).. I want to install a new sink and use ABS for the drain. I don't need to attach it using one of those Fernco coupling's do I? I can just use a special ABS connection right?
  18. generalinq

Draining Pipe

Hi Folks, Great site. I am new to this site. Just had a couple questions as I just had some plumbing work done the other day. 1. What's the easiest way to drain copper piping? I noticed that the guy who was working on some plumbing wasn't resweating the fittings to disconnect the pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks