Search results

1. M

Leaking Main Water Valve, can I just replace "innards"?

So do all of those curved pieces just serve to put the meter up there and in line? If I can just put the meter inline with the system, I don't need any of that crap below, right? The pictures don't show it but I have tons of space. That upshoot can easily come out from the wall quite a bit...
  2. M

My point about replacing it is that I'm not sure it will simply come free due to how rusty it is. I'd be very afraid of it breaking or rounding. And if that happens, where do I get one of those crazy things?
  3. M

Here are some pics that give some better perspective. That thing that looks like a union is part of the meter pipe and it is extremely rusty. I don't even know where I'd get one of those. Are those standard? The whole house is a mismash of old and new, mostly done by cheap, inept owners. I may...
  4. M

I had to shut off my main water valve this past week to install a kitchen fixture and when I went back down to turn it on, I discovered that it was leaking around the packing nut. I put a wrench on the packing nut but it didn't seem like it was really tightening so I let it go. I went back down...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks