Search results

1. Y

Heating basement baseboard zone + domestic hot water

Dana, I've done some more reading and now have a few more questions: 1) Would the power vent model of the BW Combi be advisable -- as I've read that a lot fewer BTUs go out the chimney with a power vent..? 2) I've read that it this area it's typical for 40 degree F water to enter the home...
  2. Y

Thanks, again, Dana, I couldn't find any online pricing for the Brandford White Combi2 (which I think is their "latest/best" release with a double-walled heat exchanger that, from what I've read, overcomes some problems with the original Combi model). But I did come across links for a 45...
  3. Y

Thanks Dana, for your reply. PECO is my supplier for both gas and electric. Looking at a few bills over the past year, I see my gas costs ~ $1.05 Ccf and electricity costs ~ $.177 kWh (which includes Transmission and Distribution Charges). If my math is OK... $.177 kWh (ILO $.10) would...
  4. Y

Thanks, Jim. My basic dilemma seems to be: 1) Small heating requirement -- let's say 12,000 - 16,000 BTU/h for the basement baseboard. 2) 40 or 50 gallon indirect hot water heaters are typically rated ~110,000-140,000 BTU/h input. 3) Condensing gas furnaces that can modulate down to...
  5. Y

I own a 2-story colonial with a finished walkout basement, located about 10 miles SE of Philadelphia, PA. The 1st and 2nd floor is forced-hot-air heated by a condensing, gas furnace that was installed in September 2010 (replacing an old oil furnace), while the basement zone remains heated by a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks