Search results

1. mavis

black sooty stuff - anode rod?

Quick update: I realized the black sooty stuff was also present on my faucets, as well as the caulking in the shower stall. I decided to upgrade the faucets and replaced them. I removed the caulking and re-caulked the shower stall. Its been 4 months since I did all that, and there isn't any...
  2. mavis

shower stall drain - replace one part ?

Hi hj, I think its a little bigger project than originally thought! You're right; it isn't rubber, its plastic. The screws only purpose is to hold the strainer in place. I was checking into Sioux Chief product called "Snap-In 18-Gauge Strainer", model 825-27PP. It seems it would be the...
  3. mavis

Update: I noticed in early October that a small leak had formed under the water heater. Decided to replace the whole thing. I did a little research on a new heater, though. I bought a State brand, 40 gallon, with an electronic ignition. The new water heater has a glass-lined tank and...
  4. mavis

Thanks Jim! Lets see if I can upload a couple of pics....
  5. mavis

Hi All, I have a shower stall in my master bath. The drain grate was loose, so I unscrewed it to investigate. The drain grate is round (4 and a quarter inches measured left to right) and uses two screws to attach to a black rubber gasket. The rubber gasket has a hole on one side where one of...
  6. mavis

thanks hj! its a gas water heater and is connected to the entire heating system and air conditioning unit. good information on having to remove the old anode rod vs. just inserting another. my basement doesn't have a sump pump, so draining the tank has never been done. must be ugly in...
  7. mavis

hi ballvalve, i'm on city water/sewer. thanks for the website for a segmented anode rod. wonder what could be causing the black stuff if it isn't the anode rod? thanks for your help! mavis
  8. mavis

Hi all, I have black sooty-type stuff stuck on the nozzles of my shower head, which developed about 6 or 8 months ago. I installed a shower head water filter, but the black sooty stuff has returned. I installed a new shower head, but I know the black sooty stuff will return. A friend told me...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks