Search results

1. Annalea

Which deep well pump to buy, and how tough to DIY?

Thanks for the suggestions, Reach4. I like the idea of a lower rate pump. After spending over $1,800 on pumps in the last six years, I don't mind spending somewhat more now if I can make the problem go away for a couple of decades. We definitely want a 3-wire pump. We have a beefy generator...
  2. Annalea

P.S.) I have several friends that are into weightlifting, so pulling the pump up isn’t an issue . . . (Mr. Spendy-pump-pusher pulled the existing one up all by himself, so I’m sure my friend Aubry who bench presses baby elephants could handle it . . . )
  3. Annalea

If there’s a thread that covers all of this stuff, or even several, I’m happy to read them. I just don’t know what terms to search for, at this point. I’m reasonably confident I can DIY this because I’ve DIY’ed a lot of other things, and have basic plumbing and electrical skills. (And, in my...
  4. Annalea

Kitchen sink strainer sealing question.

Thanks, hj. I ended up using the strainer that came with the sink, installed the way you described. It works like a charm (unlike the other one I tried--ugh!). Thanks so much, everyone, for your help. I have a working kitchen sink for the first time in a month!!! :D And now that I have a...
  5. Annalea

Point well taken, and thanks! ;) Now, if dh will just get back with the parts I still need . . .
  6. Annalea

This type of strainer doesn't have a locknut. It's got a deep, conical plastic base under the sink, and is held in place like a tub strainer, with a threaded bolt that's tightened from the top. I'm *this close* to getting a more standard strainer, though. The one I have has a threaded...
  7. Annalea

Hi folks, I really appreciate the help I've gotten on this forum. Our new Drake is installed, and has been awesome. (Only toilet in the house, eight of us (kids from 12 years down to 4 using it), almost a month now and we've had NO clogs, the CEFIONTECT (CeFiONtect) really does cut down on...
  8. Annalea

PEX versus Copper

Only trouble is, the law prevents your health care providers from allowing you to die a nice, natural death. They have to do everything they can to keep you alive, even if you're 90 and only alive because of your meds and your pacemaker. Just went through this with my grandma last year, so the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks