Search results

1. N

Does poor venting mean a failing water heater

Also I have noticed over the past couple of years there is a light coating of this sediment that accumulates on top pf the tank. Not a soot but more like sand in appearance and texture. Think it is rust?
  2. N

Ok. Just disconnected the vent pipe. Clean with no obstructions. Roof vent also clean. Prior to this I turned the temp up so the unit would heat up. Let it run for 5 minutes and did the flame test at the vent hood. The flame blows away and not drawn in. Any thoughts?
  3. N

Newbie here. I have searched the web but cannot find a straight forward answer so wanted to ask y'all. I have 2 water heaters but noticed last week that the closet the NG one is in is very hot. Have not checked my vent pipe yet for obstrution but will tonight. I will also try the lighter test...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks