Search results

1. MartinE

240 2pole30amp breaker testing

thanks Furd. that was the solution.
  2. MartinE

ActionDave you must have been correct when you said they must be on the same phase. I moved the breaker over one slot and it works fine. The buss bar has square slots for pairs of breakers. 240v 2 pole breakers must split between two of the squares. Thanks for everyones input.
  3. MartinE

I had a three wire plug and wire on this breaker and had 240v at the plug. I switched it to a 4 wire and plug to match the dryer. Now I don't have the 240v. It's an old Panel with Federal Pacific thin Stab-Lok breakers.
  4. MartinE

Yes, each one tests okay with 240 when testing both poles. The only thing that I can come up with is that the breaker is bad, but I don't understand why I get the 120v when testing each pole seperate.
  5. MartinE

I have checked and rechecked the connections. I have a hot water heater and a range that are each 2 Pole 30 amp breakers. I just added the dryer 2 Pole 30 amp breaker.
  6. MartinE

It is a double wide breaker. It will not trip one breaker seperate like a ganged breaker.
  7. MartinE

I am having some issues with a 2pole 30amp 240 breaker. It appears that I am not getting 240 volts at my outlet. I have a multimeter and when I check each pole I get 120 on each pole, but I don't get 240 when testing both poles. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Martin
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks