Search results

1. Hobiecatter

Inspector wants an RPZ for residential home

Had a water softener installed by a plumber. And a permit was pulled afterwards, (plumber failed to tell me that a permit was needed) the local building inspector for our small town is saying we need to have an RPZ before the water softener. The place I went to buy this $200 part is saying that...
  2. Hobiecatter

A good Water Hardness test kit please

Where is the best place to get a tet kit that will show me exactly what my water hardness is? Are the strips test kits more/less accurate than the drops? I took my water to Sears to try and find out exactly what the hardness is and he used the drops method. The results were "moderately...
  3. Hobiecatter

Softner Drain freezing

What happens if the drain line freezes? Will it damage my softener when it tries to regenerate? or will it just not do it? Thanks!!
  4. Hobiecatter

Is my backwash Drain from Softener OK? -Pic included...

Check the picture out. My plumber said that this is an air break and will work just as good if not better than an air gap because it won't splash out. He said this is code and ok for my application. Please confirm. I have a whole house sediment and chlorine filter that backwashes so it...
  5. Hobiecatter

Plumber installing a loop for a water softener... questions about freezing

I have a plumber coming to install a water softener and will be looping in the flower bed where the shut off valve is located. Currently this main water line is all 3/4" PEX and travels under the slab in the garage and comes up on the far garage wall that is insulated. The new loop going to...
  6. Hobiecatter

Don't want to lose this shrub plumbing a trench underneath PICS...

Plumber is coming to install a PRV and loop fom this shut off valve in the flower bed to go through the brick wall located just behind that shrub and goes into the garage where the water softener will be installed. I'm worried that the shrub will die. It is a well established shrub that is...
  7. Hobiecatter

underbed gravel question

the unit I'm looking at purchasing from ohiopurewater.com 2510SXT 48000 Grain Capacity does not come with gravel for the bottom of the bed. I nee to know how much to get and what kind to get. They sale a bag of 5 - .05 cu/ft Bags of Red Flint gravel for $85. That seems a little too high to...
  8. Hobiecatter

Need help searching for a plumber

I need a plumber that will do a good job at the following: Install a buried PRV and expansion tank in the garage, Install a loop for a water softener from the shut off valve inside the pit just oustide the garage, into the brick, up the garage wall into the attic, across the garage in the...
  9. Hobiecatter

upcharging for softeners

How come I can find many local water treatment installer/service companies that want to charge 2 to 3 times as much for a Fleck valve water softener complete with 1.5 cu ft Resin as I can find online? -Not including their insallation charges. Their installation charges are cheap, but they all...
  10. Hobiecatter

Softeners and Water Pressure

I have city water at about 10 grains of hardness and have been researching on local plumbers to install a water softener. This one plumber builds his own units using a Fleck 2510 valve with 1.5 cu ft resin. He has put many in the neigborhood and I have no complaints so far. The one...
  11. Hobiecatter

Odors from the drain in the laundary room.

Normally it's fine, but when someone takes a "#2" in one of our 3 bathrooms, you can smell it from the drain in the laundary room which is located way on the other side of the house. Is this normal? Is there any way to fix this occurence?
  12. Hobiecatter

Locating where the main comes up in the slab...

I'm trying to get a water softener installed in my garage right next to the hot water heater. The shut off valve is located just outside of the house on the other side of the garage. The plumber said my choices are coming in the garage far wall where the valve is, then up and into the attic...
  13. Hobiecatter

Water Softener Drain and what the Plumber told me while getting a quote...

I am in the process of "interviewing" plumbers to install a softener for me. I've done my research and know what to ask and how I want it done. So this first guy has been a plumber all his life and seemed to be a good creditable plumber which has installed a few softeners in my neighborhood...
  14. Hobiecatter

Trying to select a filter for Chlorine and sediment- before the Softener

We have city water that has a lot of sediment in it. I am searching out local Water Softener installers and have not had my water tested yet. However, I have been told that the hardness is 18 by a neighbor. The only other thing I know is the pressure on the outside spicket is 95-100psi...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks