Search results

1. MHM

Water intake expansion tank size?

I've got a water intake from a lake for 2 outside spigots that are used primarily for watering the lawn and garden. When installed last year, the plumber put in a 1/2HP pump and only a 2 gallon expansion tank with a 38 PSI charge. The lift from the lake to the pump is less then 10' and the run...
  2. MHM

Proper tank size for well and lake intake

I've got a house where both the well pump and lake pump cycle on and off a lot. I think the tanks are undersized. The house has a well approximately 100' deep. I don't know the submersible pump size. The tank is a 20 gal pressurized well tank. It takes 19 seconds for the pump to cycle off...
  3. MHM

Well tank for water tempering?

I am considering placing a tempering tank in the attic space above my garage to pre-warm my well water before the tankless hot water heater. It gets quite hot up there. I recognize that I could only use it for about 2/3's of the year but the house is used primarily during that time any way. I...
  4. MHM

Replacing indirect water heater with gas fired heater?

I've got a 9 year old boiler (Crown) and indirect water heater (40 gal Bradford White) system. The domestic water heater is leaking into my boiler loop causing my boiler pressure relief valve to leak. I've read in these forums the efficiency advantages of the indirect water heaters. However...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks