Search results

1. Teve

New tank-bowl gasket doesn't seal

I have a Gerber brand toilet. I bought a new universal toilet fill valve (Fluidmaster 400A) and a toilet flush valve kit (Oatey #459-269). The box says it has a double thick sponge rubber gasket. I don't know if that means anything special. The tank-bowl gasket is not sealing. When I...
  2. Teve

Low spot in back yard got lower

In the back yard, by the back fence, a roughly 6'x10' area of ground seems to have dropped or settled a few inches. It's next a pole with underground power/phone/cable. There is an ice/water puddle formed there that wasn't there last year. From the grass I can see near the edge it does seem a...
  3. Teve

How do aquasensors work?

Do softeners with aquasensors, and water meters, just measure/calculate hardness that passes into the softener? Are the sensors part of the valve? Where and when exactly do they sense? I would assume the calculation needs to be adjusted periodically as the resin ages. Can an additional...
  4. Teve

brine/slow rinse question

As I understand softener regeneration, brining and slow rinse happen with the same value position except that slow rinse happens after no more brine is being drawn. Is the main purpose of slow rinse to push the remaining brine through the resin? Other than that, does slow rinse do anything...
  5. Teve

Water hardness, city report vs home measurement

After water is processed by the city, how much can its hardness vary when reaching the home, or over a period of time, or from different wells? How reliable are those "count the drops" water hardness testing kits? I took a home water sample (the city says it's 18 hardness from blended wells)...
  6. Teve

Resin tank dimensions

Do water softener resin tank diameters specify inside or outside diameters? How thick is the wall typically? Is height measured to the very top?
  7. Teve

Stringing together multiple extension cords

Are there any electrical issues with stringing together multiple outdoor extension cords, (for a 12 Amp leaf blower), as long as they are all at least 12 Amp cords?
  8. Teve

How is softener capacity programmed or calculated with lower salt usage?

I have a basic water softener control valve question. Maybe someone can clarify this for me. I have new water softener with a Clack control valve on a 30,000 grain tank. The valve is programmed with a 30,000 grain capacity and a 30 gpg water hardness which displays a 1000 gallon capacity...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks