Search results

1. tralalablah

Off-grid New Well

I'm not that big of an environmentalist and don't have any issues with anything else you've mentioned. The amount of all those things are sure to have already done their damage on me and the building process will be done by the time I have kids. I'm just investigating things one at a time and...
  2. tralalablah

Off-grid New Well

I do plan on building 100% PVC free, but that seems doable with the other materials that can be used. Thanks for the correction on that alloy. I'm going to talk to the well-driller about PE, since I've heard many people here mention that it's what they use and I've just been reading about it...
  3. tralalablah

Off-grid New Well

Well, this website, http://www.acereport.org/pvc2.html, while being uber-environmentalist, does a pretty good job of showcasing my concerns. Since steel's been around forever, I wouldn't be worried about any health impact, though I will have to replace it if it rusts out. But, I've heard of...
  4. tralalablah

Off-grid New Well

We've bought about 11 acres in North Idaho and would like to put in a system that will start off running on a generator and end up running off of solar (and possibly hydro) power. I'm trying to be as hands-on as possible and make sure I do as much research as possible to get the right set-up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks