Search results

1. FloridaOrange

Good or No Good

I have a Champion 4, without defects it seems. It is a very large toilet, but man, it flushes like a beast with good bowl wash.
  2. FloridaOrange

Global Warming...

Did you take a rowboat here Ian? If so, congrats. If you flew here you get some of the blame as well. Hopefully my F150 is keeping up where the mustang left off, gotta keep up with my fair share. At least in Florida we are blessed with none of those pesky "inspection" things most of you guys...
  3. FloridaOrange

Free standing laundry sink

If it's for a laundry room or garage just go with a Mustee Utilitub....cheap and durable.
  4. FloridaOrange

plumbing hand tool.. for manually striking tool with hammer and driving a cement nai

Sounds almost like a gutter driver. or maybe this Google "nail driver" and then go to images. Is this similar to the nail?
  5. FloridaOrange

Have small particles in the hot water from kitchen sink and nowhere else...

Here's some reading for you: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?15123-Black-Greasy-Particles-in-Bathtub-Water!
  6. FloridaOrange

Gulf oil disaster

The Science Channel was showing NatGeo's Gulf Oil "Spill" special last night. Very interesting and of course concerning. It seemed they were pandering to BP's image as a tradeoff for access though.
  7. FloridaOrange

Mega showers have may go the way of the brass faucet!

It would seem for a residential shower, built in place, that rule would be hard to enforce.
  8. FloridaOrange

Gulf oil disaster

24-72 hour surface oil slick forcast. http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=12580643
  9. FloridaOrange

Leak in Sewage Line

What does the $5K job entail, details help? Are they re-routing the line? Is the line not sloped properly? Is your slab a post-tension slab? (cables within the slab) On my house breaking the slab to fix a line wouldn't be too difficult, it would be messy. Sanitary lines generally do not...
  10. FloridaOrange

Replacement Anode for AO Smith

Some water softener systems remove chemicals that kill certain bacteria, without the chlorination the bacteria livein the water heater and basically multiply with the magnesium rod. The bacteria is generally harmless but produces a sulfuric smell. Replacing the anod rod with an aluminum one as...
  11. FloridaOrange

Gulf oil disaster

I understand (in a layman way) low yield nukes but how about we test those out near your neighborhood first. Yes I am concerned about the f'n sea monkeys, more importantly all the other things living around and feeding off of them. This is no joke to me, I don't want my family to get sick and...
  12. FloridaOrange

another Single Vanity to Double Vanity thread, IPC

Option 1 looks fine in my book. I would guess the 3/4" PVC is for condensate, do you have an AHU above nearby?
  13. FloridaOrange

adding a basement bathroom to a 3 story house

For the basement bath that sounds fine, the vents would tie into the vent system over 42" above the second floor. If you add fixtures above that stack to the third floor you would have to bring your vents above the third floor fixtures. I would look at the PDF's but after the last fight with a...
  14. FloridaOrange

Gulf oil disaster

I didn't intend my comment to everyone living in NE, just the one making slight of this problem. I don't want it to go up the eastern seaboard either, the damage to Chesapeak Bay would be as bad as the damage that's occuring on the LA coast. The keys definitely worry me, if (maybe when) the...
  15. FloridaOrange

Gulf oil disaster

Easy to say when you live in New England. Really? You want to set off a nuke in the Gulf? It probably wouldn't work (too large) and may even rupture more "shallow" oil reserves, besides it would be trading the environmental consequences of leaking oil with radiating everything in the gulf...
  16. FloridaOrange

vent through a wall

In Florida you can but it appears that's a rarity. No vented soffit or openings above and must be min. 10' above grade and you can exit 90* from the wall and use a wallcap.
  17. FloridaOrange

gas systems

Don't really know what you are looking for but many times in design diversity is taken into account for lots of systems, electrical comes to mind right off of the bat. When we design an electrical layout we also do a load calc that lets us reduce certain loads (commercial buildings).
  18. FloridaOrange

Gulf oil disaster

I'm so thrilled the Brits subbed to the Ruskies to polute my shores....:(
  19. FloridaOrange

Revised DWV

While I'm a big fan of wet venting I think you are going to have to add at least one more vent. IIRC a 3" can be no more than 10' from the vented line and 6' for a 2" line, based on FL code which is based on IPC.
  20. FloridaOrange

one2flush..??

Not exactly an objective review there being that you are a dealer....and possibly Phanna as well.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks