Search results

1. Kestrel

Kerdi Question

Hello gang - many thanks again for the help on this blog. Basement remodel almost done - nearing drywall. I'm planning on using a Kerdi drain, floor, curb and membrane for the walk-in shower stall, with tile over. Now their literature says to use regular drywall, but all of the installers (2...
  2. Kestrel

Hansgrohe iBox Universal

My basement remodel continues.... I got great advise here about my DWV system, and it's working great. I'm now roughing in the bathroom, and I'm trying to decide on a shower system. I'm leaning toward the Hansgrohe - a thermostatic valve with integral diverter to control a showerhead and a...
  3. Kestrel

Help with slow leak

I have a slow leak in some sweated copper. I'm replumbing part of my house - part of a new boiler install and hydronic system. I've started to test for leaks in my work, and on a complex part of the project, going from 1" -> 3/4" -> 1/2" with branches off each, totaling about 40' long...
  4. Kestrel

Stainless to copper connection

Hi gang - a simple question: I have a new, dual coil indirect tank (Lochinvar SDT-065) that I need to hook up (this is a DIY project - don't throw too many tomotoes!). Anyway, the connections to the tank, for both the coils as well as the DHW/DCW are steel, female pipe thread. This is getting...
  5. Kestrel

Basement bath/laundry

Hello again wise plumbers... As I've posted recently, I'm in the starting stages of a basement remodel, to include a new bathroom. To do so requires an ejector, and some other concrete cracking/excavation - for the toilet and shower, at least. In an effort to minimize the concrete work...
  6. Kestrel

Ejector Tie-In

Hello again - really appreciate the expertise here. Hope this isn't too obtuse a question - revisiting the new basement bathroom, requiring ejector, as main drain exits house at level about an inch above the basement floor. I'm not totally clear on the restrictions as to how the ejector...
  7. Kestrel

Basement Insulation

Hello all - remodeling basement in 100+ year old Seattle house. Basement was 'finished' when we bought 15 years ago - though musty, and generally not well done - nothing really square or plumb. Now we're tearing into it to create a 'mancave' for the teenager, his friends, guitars, etc. The...
  8. Kestrel

DIY Basement Bathroom - Plan OK?

Hello everyone - I've learned a tremendous amount reading this thread over the past few months as we've been designing and starting a basement remodel (teenager needs a mancave!) It's a big project, with many moving parts - not least the plumbing. Our situation: 105 year old house in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks