Search results

1. Brianslink

PIC of DIY plumbing manifold system...thanks for advice on this forum

I learned so many things here on this forum! Thank you Terry, Jadnashua, hj and everyone that gave direct advice that helped me complete a large DIY plumbing project with AWESOME RESULTS! It's a long story as to why I DIY'ed the pex plumbing in my new home, but with all of the information and...
  2. Brianslink

Demand pump or small HWT for far bathroom?

Jadnashua, thanks for your input. I just finished looking at the RedyTemp website and I like what I am reading. Which model do you have? Also, I never thought about a HWT adding unwanted heat load to the bathroom. That's exactly why I asked my question here because I get experience and...
  3. Brianslink

Demand pump or small HWT for far bathroom?

I'm building and now in sheetrock phase. I have a long DEDICATED run from HWT (not tankless) to far bathroom (approx. 75' of 3/4 inch pex). My plan was to not have a dedicated recirculating line and install a Metlund D'mand pump or similar type pump with the diverter valve to dump into the cold...
  4. Brianslink

Is this a correct install? Pic of Shower and Toilet Drain installed by local plumber.

Thank you. Thank you for the info. I am very grateful for your comments.
  5. Brianslink

Is this a correct install? Pic of Shower and Toilet Drain installed by local plumber.

Shower trap vent Does that shower trap arm on the right need a vent installed?
  6. Brianslink

Another pic Another picture for ya...this is part of my 3/4 bath. That is a vanity drain on left and a shower drain on the right (toilet drain not shown in this pic). Above the floor the vanity drain has a dry vent. The shower drain drops about 30" to the trap. I poured a cup of water in the...
  7. Brianslink

The inspector came out today and he is fairly new at inspections and unsure of the code for venting. He is going to review his code book and get back to me. I think I may provide a few add'l photos to show you guys more of the drain and waste vent job. If it comes down to it I may have to use...
  8. Brianslink

There is a double beam directly under the wall so they could not send the drain down without coming outside the wall. The cabinet maker won't have any problem at all, I already talked to him about this.
  9. Brianslink

Thank you for the replies so far. The plumber who performed the drain and waste vent work is licensed and has a prominent business in my town. His bid was not low. I am having a hard time swallowing all this. The pics I included show only about 25% of the plumbing he did... I am really worried...
  10. Brianslink

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I purchased a building permit through my city which includes elect, plumbing, hvac, etc. I do not think the inspector goes in the crawl space though. Here are a couple of pics of another bath at the other end of the house. The crawl space pic is actually two pictures...
  11. Brianslink

I hired a local plumber to install the drain and waste vent for my new construction home. This is a picture of a drain area I am concerned with. The shower drain (double shower) on the left starts the run and it continues to a toilet drain on the right which continues on to the main line. No...
  12. Brianslink

Need technical advice for Tee off 1-1/4" PE pipe

I noticed the Pex Press Tee fittings have a sleeve with a larger bore...I think it was .95" but I don't think my PE pipe is compatible with the Viega is it?
  13. Brianslink

That's what I was afraid of. I wanted to use 1-1/4" Aquapex to avoid restriction, but I have 180' from my meter to my distribution manifold. The cost for 200' of the PE pipe was $96.00 and the cost for 200' of the 1-1/4 Aquapex was $675.00. Can the PE pipe be joined with some type of...
  14. Brianslink

Hello, I installed 1-1/4" PE pipe (blue in color) water service line coming from the water meter into the crawlspace of my new house. The pipe has an actual OD 1.25" and an ID of 1.05". Just to reiterate...This is not PEX, it is PE pipe. I have the PE pipe coming through a sleeve in the...
  15. Brianslink

Is there a quality shower base out there that does not cost $1700.00?

ok guys, your info has been very helpful. I am placing my order for the Onyx on Monday:) THANKS!
  16. Brianslink

HJ thanks, I will have to look into the cultured marble. Hackney, I just though the price was too high comparing to other things I already bought...a beautiful 6' Soaker Tub from TOTO for $975.00 delivered to my door. I also bought 3 cm granite throughout the kitchen for $35.00/Sq Ft...
  17. Brianslink

I have a new construction home with crawlspace. We are ready to do the master shower...it's a double shower that is custom sized at 52" X 76" rectangular. This is the shower only, tub is in a separate space. Initially we were going to have a custom tile job done for this shower with a custom...
  18. Brianslink

Advice - Pex size from meter to Hot Water Tank...48 FU

Thanks for your responses. I do not know my high and low pressure...I will have to call my municipal source and find out. I believe I will run Upnor pex inside a poly pipe sleeve. If I ever have a problem with this buried water line then I can just disconnect one end, pull it through the sleeve...
  19. Brianslink

Advice - Pex size from meter to Hot Water Tank...48 FU

Anybody have a suggestion? Anybody have some input here? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks