Search results

1. Hercules2424

Toilet Flange Repair Ring, the Best Choice?

If I put down a brass flange ring, do I need to put oakum and lead too? Or can I just put beeswax on top of the flange?
  2. Hercules2424

What about a waxless seal?
  3. Hercules2424

I am trying to put in a new toilet. When I removed the old one, there was only a toilet flange repair ring in place, which was severly corroded. I removed the ring. However, the pipe is a lead pipe with a slight bent in the pipe on one side. It is 4" Diameter, but a 4" flange will not fit. A 3"...
  4. Hercules2424

Trying to remove bathtub drain from lead pipe

The tar makes since. It looks like there is more concrete under the tar, rocks, and dirt.
  5. Hercules2424

I know I am way ahead, but after you replace the lead pipe. what do you put back in the hole? There was tar there before, should I put more tar back in there? Gravel?
  6. Hercules2424

Tom Sawyer, you are right. What a great guess. The house was built in 1983!! So far, I have dug out the tar and trying to dig out the pipe. It is taking a while. We are not going to use the clamp. After I dig up the pipe, I will have to see what the next step is. Hoping it is cast iron and not...
  7. Hercules2424

Yes, now is the closest I will get to making a proper repair. We may try digging in the concrete with the tar and find the p trap. See how much of it is lead. The thing is, the house was built in 1983, so not sure why there is lead in there. The toilet pipe is lead as well. Trying to figure...
  8. Hercules2424

Here is one option. Spread the opening of the lead pipe to fit around the brass drain and then use a clamp around the lead pipe. Just a metal clamp ring, not a coupling with a clamp on it. Then sauter it together. Will this work?
  9. Hercules2424

I agree, we think it is lead too. Why can you not connect a clamping type coupling to lead? My guess is the lead will bend when you tighten the clamp on it. We were able to get the brass drain out by heating it with a blow torch, it seems the previous owner had sautered it together. Then we...
  10. Hercules2424

It might be a cast iron pipe, do not know for sure which one it is. The pipe does bend very easily.
  11. Hercules2424

I am remodeling a bathroom and trying to put in my new tub. However, the brass tub drain seems to be about 3" higher than the concrete foundation. Therefore I can not put my tub in because the drain is too high. The drain is brass and is sweated onto a lead pipe. I am not sure how to fix this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks