Search results

1. P

Cast Iron Fitting: Threaded, Lead and Oakum or ???

So I made the trip through the crawl space to the fitting and was able to measure the ID of the hub, only to find out that the tee is XH CI, so the service weight donut I bought is too small. Good thing I measured before I cut. I'm assuming XH donuts are only available at a specialty plumber's...
  2. P

Thank you for the advice. If it's a standard joint it shouldn't be much of a problem. I'll have a threaded fitting and a donut ready. The picture was taken blind through an access panel, so I haven't been able to get access to inspect the hub up close. Before I make the long, painful trip...
  3. P

This site has provided me a lot of help over the last few years, but now I need some specific advice. I hope you guys can help me out... I am about to tear into some 1926 plumbing to replace an old drum trap on a bathtub. Lead pipe ties the drum trap to a cast iron t-fitting, but I can't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks