Search results

1. JerryR

Pool Heat Pump Breaker size

Local Grounding and Bonding rules for pool devices can be tricky. Check with local building department what they require. Usually inground pool rebar, metal handrails, pool screen cage metal, pumps, heaters etc must be bonded together with solid copper.
  2. JerryR

Expansion tank directly above WH cold inlet?

Yes. That’s the way mine is installed.
  3. JerryR

RV water heater check valve install

This is an RV water heater. It has an aluminum tank without an anode rod. That is why they use a plastic check valve to prevent dissimilar metal corrosion.
  4. JerryR

SharkBite washing machine nightmare

Not sure how to answer until you give better explanation. What Sharkbite setup did you purchase for the washing machine? Was it a Shackbite outlet box like the one in this link...
  5. JerryR

Looking into purchasing a bidet. Is it worth the investment?

I’ve had bidet seats, (Toto Washlet) for 7 years now. I recently convinced a friend to buy a basic Brondell bidet seat online for $89. A few weeks later all he could talk about is how great it is. I talked to him today and he told me he bought 3 seats and had them directly shipped to each of...
  6. JerryR

Toto CST746 - Low water level in bowl

Yeah, I bought one 14 months ago after thinking it’s an improved version of my many Drakes. WRONG! After reading reviews I still have it in my garage and will not install it. Lots of reviews stating horrible streaking with BMs due to small water spot. So I’ve got a $240 toilet that I’ll...
  7. JerryR

Can't find small leak in new bathroom sink faucet

Small drips like that can be hard to find. I use either a piece of brown cardboard or a brown paper bag and lay it flat on the cabinet floor. Inspect occasionally for drips on the paper. The brown paper will make it easy to see where drips fell. Then look up from there and feel for wet. my...
  8. JerryR

On an outside wall my house has this fixture. It has been paint shut. Is this to connect a hose?

My guess is it’s an elbow where electric wires run through a 90 Grab the cap with a Chanel lock pliers and undo it.
  9. JerryR

Service drop wire size

Some LEDs are more susceptible to voltage changes and some aren’t. We have been fighting a fast flickering problem that occurs over 5 seconds exactly every hour at 10 minutes after the hour for over a year at our Florida cabin. It only shows up only on certain LED bulbs. I have confirmed it...
  10. JerryR

TOTO Aquia IV, MS646124CEMFG with pictures and comments

Looks like tube is in wrong place?
  11. JerryR

GFCI Switch

Change the circuit breaker in your panel that supplies that circuit with a GFCI breaker. That way if it trips you won’t need to climb up anywhere. That’s the way I have my outdoor spot lights wired. I use a a GFCI breaker in the panel and use WIFI switch to run the lights. It’s nice to lay...
  12. JerryR

After every hurricane people die of Carbon Monoxide.

You can’t have enough generators. I have 4 A 5500 watt Generac 240 v 2-Honda 2000 watts, one converted to LP 1- Westinghouse IGEN4500DF Dual Fuel 4500 watt, still in the sealed box The Honda 2000 converted to LP gets the most usage. Rarely does a month go by without having used it. After...
  13. JerryR

30/50 or 40/60?

You can easily adjust either one to 40/60 or 30/50 by turning the "bigger" nut. Search youtube for instructions.
  14. JerryR

Low Boy WH Install

I turned up the lighting for you so we could see the installation better.
  15. JerryR

Please help us - we're really worried about our washer lines

You should have a main shut off to the house. When you get your plumber to replace the washing machine shut off box have them show you how to shut off the water to the house. There should be a shut off right after the water meter. If you don’t have one easily accessible have the plumber install...
  16. JerryR

Having trouble in new house with hand shower

Don, Welcome to the forum. I’m not familiar with this BUT there seems to be a knob that may be a diverter which I circled in attached picture.
  17. JerryR

Help finding right size to buy for this garden hose mender

I use these to repair either 5/8” or 3/4” garden hoses. They work very well. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089Q2Q3C4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
  18. JerryR

Nest thermostat not seeing the C wire but it's there...

You probably don’t have an active c-wire if the previous radio thermostat went through batteries. You have to remove the cover from your air handler and see where the white wire that comes from the thermostat terminates on the AH control board. There should be a C- terminal on the control...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks