Search results

1. O

Leaking Shower Drain - burst pipe? corroded?

I pulled the soffit down, cut through and pulled out insulation under the flooring and found the drain pipe. I have found that the problem is not a busted trap, but that the seal between the fiberglass insert and the drain assembly itself is no longer water tight. If you push up against the...
  2. O

Toilet flow problem

You stated it filled rapidly, but that it drained slowly. Does it swirl and flush normally and then cease to refill properly? In my experience, a clogged or slow moving toilet will fill, fail to flush well and then slowly empty - usually ending with lower than expected water level in the...
  3. O

I pulled out the metal strainer on top of the drain and it's a PVC pipe, There aren't any obvious cracks but I couldn't see far enough into the trap either. The good thing is that our other shower is not connected to the issue as there was no leaking when we used it, so we're not in a big...
  4. O

Septic do i just backfill it

A friend just told me a story of how they never removed their septic tank and one day it collapsed, leading to a sink hole full of old sewage and concrete bits in their yard. Get it removed before its too late.
  5. O

I *just* purchased my first house and last night our first disaster struck. I live in Michigan, in a 2 story house with a basement. The Master Bed and Master 3/4 bath sort of overhang the first floor by about 3 feet - the master shower sits above this overhang. I was taking a shower last night...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks